CZ P-01 warning!

Paige

Guys, if you buy a new CZ be sure to clean the magazines, i had 5 FTF in the first 30 rounds, i'm saying to myself i can't believe this ****. Then, I noticed oil oozing out of the magazines, I proceeded to break them down, and low and behold they were full of the same oil CZ ships their pistols in. I thoroughly cleaned the gun before the range session, did'nt think about the mags. After cleaning that oily mess out of them and 120 rounds later no problems. I must say the P-01 is a nice shooter.

ZeSpectre

Yeah, CZ and RIA seem to be doing an "oil dip and soak" on their guns then slapping them right into the shipping bags lately :D

litework

Every CZ I've ever purchased has been shipped dripping in oil. It takes a lot of elbow grease to clean the gun to working condition. I recently purchased a Sig that was the same way. Is anyone shipping a dry gun anymore?

ShootingNut

litework

Yup, old Smith & Wesson is still shipping theirs in a box, not a barrel of oil.:D
What's the deal, is CZ sales that slow, that they have to be sure the product doesn't rust before it get's shipped?
Seriously, I sure like the looks of the CZ, don't own one yet.;)
SN

litework

What's the deal, is CZ sales that slow, that they have to be sure the product doesn't rust before it get's shipped?

I think CZ has always packaged them in oil. With the price of crude dropping, I fear we'll get more oil, not less, with our CZs in the future.