CZ Kadet Kit - Very upset that I haven't received it yet

dakota.potts

I ordered a CZ Kadet Kit from a website called Delta 3 Outfitters a while ago. By a while ago I mean around Christmas. Their website is pretty shoddy and didn't tell us that it was back ordered until we were done or very close to done with the ordering process. Being that they were the only ones that had one in stock anywhere close to MSRP, we went ahead and ordered it. We were told they would be expected in about March or April.

Well, today it's May 3rd and we've heard nothing. Not one e-mail or other correspondence. So today I tried to call them using the number on their website -- and it went to a fax machine!

They haven't charged us for the order yet, thankfully, but I still can't find one online. There isn't even one on Gunbroker right now, where there always has been in the past.

If I had known it would have been like this, I probably would not have placed the order and would have paid the inflated prices simply to have one. I was really looking forward to having it to start training steel target.

If anyone gets wind of one for a reasonable price somewhere, let me know...

UZO

CZ Custom.com has one at $450+... Don't know if that's good or not... they're usually decent $$, but not the lowest.
Also, you may want to check the CZ Forum (czfirearms.us) and check their Classifieds or put up a 'Want To Buy' post.

BTW: If you used a credit card, I'd cancel that baby ASAP!!!

Update: CZCustom has them on 'Back-Order'... sorry. But there IS one for sale $400 on the CZ Forum (as of now)... check it out.

Last edited:
dakota.potts said:
I ordered a CZ Kadet Kit from a website called Delta 3 Outfitters a while ago. By a while ago I mean around Christmas. Their website is pretty shoddy and didn't tell us that it was back ordered until we were done or very close to done with the ordering process. Being that they were the only ones that had one in stock anywhere close to MSRP, we went ahead and ordered it. We were told they would be expected in about March or April.
Back ordered is NOT "in stock." Back ordered means they don't have it in stock, but they'll accept your order and ship it when they receive it. It should be obvious that they can't control when a vendor will send them a product.

dakota.potts

You are right, Aguila. This is the site I ordered from: https://delta3outfitters.com/store/products/CZ-75{47}85-KADET-22LR-ADAPTER-4.9"-BLK.html

Notice the distinct lack of any information anywhere that the item you're ordering is back ordered or would in any way not be shipped to you immediately or within a reasonable time frame. We didn't find out until after we ordered.

Even if it were back ordered, they estimated March-April. I understand they're hard to get it. I expected it by April. Failing that, I expected the most cursory form of communication from them telling me that it was going to take a little longer or anything at all, really.

Pilot

The availability of these is really spotty, and I think people tend to hold onto them. I paid $219 for mine in 2001, and thought that was a good chunk of change then, and it was about the same price as a Ruger 22/45 at the time which I also have as well as other .22's.

I like shooting the Kadet Kit on my 75B, or PCR a lot. It is accurate, reliable, and I get a kick out of how the cut out slide works. Obviously, they are much more expensive now, and pretty rare, but if you can track one down, get it.

Even if it were back ordered, they estimated March-April. I understand they're hard to get it. I expected it by April. Failing that, I expected the most cursory form of communication from them telling me that it was going to take a little longer or anything at all, really.
They are required by federal law to inform you by U.S. mail if they won't be able to ship by the originally anticipated date, and to give you a new ship date and the opportunity to cancel your order. If they can't/won't comply with federal law, I'd suggest that you cancel the order and buy elsewhere.

dakota.potts

I guess I'll give it a couple of days to see if anything appears in the mail. It wouldn't be too terribly hard to send an email on top of that, but I'll wait. If I can find one for a reasonable price, I'll likely cancel this order anyways. Terrible customer service so far.

RussB

I don't understand the problem. They don't have them and didn't charge you for one. They can't ship until the manufacturer makes and distributes them...and when that happens, you'll get your kit. Just be patient

TunnelRat

The title of this thread makes it seem like you're disappointed in the CZ Kadet kit itself. In reality you're upset with a certain vendor. This really doesn't even have to do with semiautomatic handguns, it's more a complaint about an online vendor than a comment on anything to do with the kit itself.

dakota.potts

Ah, I do see how the thread title was very misleading. Thank you for the editing.

I have been upset by the lack of availability of something that it seems everybody wants. Everywhere I look, it seems like people are clamoring for Kadet kits and I'm still having trouble finding one.

Walt Sherrill

I have been upset by the lack of availability of something that it seems everybody wants.

Just like AMMO!!

(I picked up a brick of .22 LR from MidwayUSA the other day, after looking for .22 ammo for months -- with no luck.)

I DO have a Kadet Kit, so will put some of it to use in the next couple of weeks. (I think I paid $220 +/, but that was way back in the late 1990s...)

The price being asked seems somewhat excessive -- particularly when you could buy a KADET (not the kit) for under $500 not too long ago. Those have been (or are being) discontinued.

rc

My buddy is trying to get a CZ and was told there was a large shipment expected in June. It might be a shipload of CZ stuff coming in. Just one possible reason you don't have it yet.

Jo6pak

I've had 3 different area shops trying to track down a Kadet Kit since January.
My local guy called yesterday to say one of his distributors had one. (yes, 1)

I locked it up and it's on the way:cool:

Now if I can just find some more types of .22 ammo to see what it likes:rolleyes:

DealHunter

I wound up putting myself on email notification using CZ's online store and the second I received the email that they were in stock I placed the order (direct from CZ USA). Might be a option if your first one doesn't come through?