CZ finishes?

Jonpod

Does anyone know why some CZs have a nice deep blued finish and most others have a dull looking black overcoat?

RANash

Like many other guns, you can get CZs in several different finishes.

Black polymer, glossy blue, satin nickel, and dual tone, which is a combo of nickel and blue (I think).

You pays your money and you takes your choice...

I am seriously confused

My CZ 97 box says "polymer" coating and that is what I ordered. But after reading this post, I wonder if the dealer ripped me off? I ordered the polymer coating thinking it would be more durable than blue. But, my "polymer" finish is very bright/shiny black, NOT dull. What is the deal?

Destructo6

If it's black, it should be the polymer finish, which happens to be the least expensive finish. The shine may be due to oil.

Marcus

The polymer finish is sort of semi gloss as opposed to flat or a polished high gloss blue. FWIW the polymer finish is powder coating over military parkerizing. Tough stuff, my CZ shows no signs of wear at all despite lots of carrying and shooting. Marcus

radom

Actualy the price on the blue or nickel is less than the polymer. The powder coating is over parkerized finish and seems a lot tougher than blue anyway.