CZ finishes - make your vote!

Bilbo

CZ pistols come with various finishes.

So, which one of them you like most?

Make your vote!

cobraman

My vote is black Polymer for a new CZ. CZ has made great improvements to it and it is quite durable and corrison resistant. I dont like Stainless or nickel semi autos. Besides the PCR only comes in Black Polymer.
Jump over the CZ Forum if you havent already and ask over there too.

shiroikuma

I think the nickel finish looks the best. That's why I picked it for my 75. The poly looks quit good too, much better than I thought it would..so I'd have no problems with that either. I can't comment on the others I've only seen the above finishes. Nickel looks really really really good though :D Maybe not the best choice for concealment but then your gun should be 'concealed' so the color shouldn't matter.

shiro

[This message has been edited by shiroikuma (edited November 09, 2000).]

Walt Sherrill

I had the polymer on my CZ-75B. Didn't like it at first, but it sure is durable!

I prefer the nickel finish of my CZ-85 Combat, and would go that route in the future. But I suspect the polymer might be more durable.

(I like those sissy nickel finishes...)

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
I once had a TZ-75 (Tanfoglio CZ-clone) in a totally case-hardened finish. That was one purty-lookin' pistol, and darned well uncommon; I don't think I've ever seen another one.

------------------
"..but never ever Fear. Fear is for the enemy. Fear and Bullets."
10mm: It's not the size of the Dawg in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Joe Klug

I prefer the polymer finish myself. Very durable and it just plain looks good.

I won't mention anything about nickel plated sissy pistols. :)

Joe/Ga

cobraman

After losing sleep over this all night. :) I decided to ask a further question. What are you going to use the pistol for? Carry, range, house gun, car gun,? If its going to just range and house you can go wrong with any finish. But if you carry it or put it in the car you should only look at Nickel and Poly. Your nasty sweat will break down the blueing pretty fast.