CZ Compact Alternative (Tristar C100)

Dan-O

Decided to save myself some money and got the C100 instead of the CZ. Moving to another state that doesn't have Academy stores, and couldn't pass up the $329 price tag. Gonna shoot a couple hundred rounds through it before I throw some Cajun Gun Works parts in it. This is my second Canik, but first Tristar. Came with two 15 round mags, ordered a few 14 round flush mags and rubber grips ftom Midway. Only gripe with the gun are the grip panels.

tekarra

I bought a TriStar C100 a couple of years ago and it has been an excellent pistol. What attracted me to the C100 was it weighs less than the cZ 75 Compact and those few ounces make a large difference when carrying it all day.

radir68

Do the compact CZ grip panels fit on these or is there a tri star rubber grip? I am considering one of these for myself. Please let us know how it shoots. Thank you

unixfool

Do the compact CZ grip panels fit on these or is there a tri star rubber grip? I am considering one of these for myself. Please let us know how it shoots. Thank you

I've the T100 and bought VZGrips for the CZ75 compact...they fit perfectly.
5b3b01ca089234ba8baa528f446b89c9.jpg

Last edited:

jreXD9

Other than this being a safety model and the grip appearance, this looks just like my PCR. At that price I might have to add it to my group.

Geezer Squid

Joined the forum about 5 years ago but never did much posting. So here goes:

Just did the exact same thing as the OP. Academy's price was just too good to pass up. So I bought the pistol this morning. I sold my CZ 75 Compact to my SIL a year or so ago and have missed it. So, this little pistol will help fill the void!

Unlike the OP, I did order some stuff from Cajun Gun Works immediately. I ordered their spring kit and some thin aluminum grips (I will be carrying this pistol). Ordered a Reinforced IWB "Mikes Special" from TT Gunleather. Oh, and I ordered a set of Meprolight Night Sights.

I did the "put a squished up foam ear plug in the hammer channel" and have been dry firing it like crazy. I will definitely be at the range tomorrow morning.

tekarra

Hank C1,
Yes, I use my cZ Compact mags in the C100.

Ky Jim,
It can be carried cocked and locked the same as a cZ75.
The trigger on my C100 is quite good and have no plans to do anything with it.

SpareMag

I picked up the Canik 55 Shark a few weeks back as my po'voy's CZ, VERY happy with it. A wonderfully sweet shooting 9!

You have a nice addition!

Here is my Shark. Not sure what the differences are...???