CZ 97B

Lucky Devil

Good evening everyone,

I've read lots of posts recently about the 75, but what I'm really interested in is the 97 in 45acp. Anyone out there shooting one? How does it compare to the 9mm performance- wise? All feedback is helpful and much appreciated.

Regards,

LD

VictorLouis

I just handled one in the shop yesterday. The DA seemed pretty nice, with the SA having a lot of creep. Nice build quality is apparent; but, after having just bought a Witness .45, I don't find the CZ to be that much of a draw. It has a fatter grip, and higher boreline above the hand. The safety only works in cocked and locked mode, and it is only 10 rounds also, as is the Witness. Did I mention that the CZ costs well over a hundred dollars more?

VonFatman

I too checked one out "in the shop" only. I like
my 75 B...but the 97 just does not do it for me. The 97 is big, heavy, and not worth the nearly $600 price tag IMHO...Unless
I get a GREAT deal on one, I will stick with Sigs, Glocks, H&K, and Beretta....but, I have yet to even start looking at a 1911 of any kind! What fun...shopping for guns!

tubby

I picked one up and found it to be very nice gun. It is accurate and reliable. About the only thing I have to say bad about the gun is the long trigger reach. I find I must shift my grip slightly to get good finger contact. If the trigger position could be moved back about 1/4" it would be ideal.

Bullshooter

CZ vs M1911A1

I've handled the CZs (75 and 97) and they're quality firearms without a doubt. Since I'm not a big fan of alloy I appreciate the all steel construction. However, all that being said I would always favor an M1911A1 simply because #1) it fits my hand better and; #2) there are so many aftermarket accessories that I can customize it to fit my needs and preferences. The costs are nearly the same.

Just my $.02.

BTW, I'm not a recent convert to the M1911A1, I've used and carried one for over twenty years.

Firearm preferences are generally highly personal and based on subjective criteria - and that's great. I love nothing more than to observe other shooters at the range just to see what they've chosen. I'm frequently surprised!