CZ 97b?

EnoughGUN

I have a friend that bught a brand new 97b, added a couple things (spring etc) and now needs to sell it. I have a chance to pick it up at a good price. Anyone have exp with this handgun?

hanno

Buy it. The 97 is a well made, accurate and reliable pistol.

Mine.
CZ97B-left3.jpg

schmeky

My favorite 45 of all time, and I've had, and still have a bunch. Hand size is pretty important. If you have small hands, pass it up.

img0840zx1.jpg

rbernie

Big grip that's not for small hands, but if it fits you - it REALLY fits you. Some of them have been known to have issues feeding certain HP ammo, and there have been revisions to the feed ramp over the years.

Great guns, but they are big and heavy.

OldShooter

Very accurate .45, very large grip but fits my average/large hands. Very solid, I don't shoot it enough. If it fits you, you will love it.

Claddagh

Mine is a very early model proofmarked July of 1998, serial #A15XX. OTB, it didn't want to feed anything but RN ball, and a very few brands of JHP's with a closely similar profile, but the groups I was getting with those were very gratifying indeed.

As a southpaw, I wanted to have an ambi thumb safety installed. At the time, CZ-USA didn't offer one for it. I was afraid that it'd end up a "Safe Queen" and range toy because of that. I called Mr. Neil Keller of Kustom Ballistics over in Decatur for help, and he was able to install one for the EAA Witness with only a minor modification to the frame 'window'. He also did a reliability/duty tune that made it run 100% no matter what the projectile shape.

It has become one of my very favorite .45's, and I have a good many. OTB, it grouped at least as well (markedly better, with some loads) as a couple of "Big Name" custom 1911's I have that I paid two to nearly three times as much (including the cost of Mr. Keller's work) for and waited six months or longer to get.

As mentioned, it is a largish pistol, but "trigger reach" in DA mode is the main place this rears its head as an 'issue'. I have relatively large hands with long fingers, so it suits me perfectly. In its unloaded weight and other dimensions, it's closely comparable to my S&W 4586 and full-sized 1911's.

Just MHO, but if it feels good in your hand - buy it. I think you'll find it to be an outstanding value in terms of the performance you get for your dollars.

kodiakbeer

I'm not experienced with the .45, but the CZ's are just a great line of pistols.

Aside from the great ergonomics and general high quality, the design of the slide actually lowers the bore in relation to the hand. That means less muzzle flip and faster recovery after recoil - you can shoot faster and keep the front sight on the target easier than with another pistol of the same caliber, weight and length.

If the price is good buy it!

schmeky

6,000 rounds on this one; can't wait til I'm at 12,000. Eats my 200gn LSWC's like candy. No FTF, FTE in the past 4,500 rounds. Only my to lite reloads in the beginning caused issues, which has nothing to do with the pistol. Smooth, super accurate, and solid as granite.

img0747zl9.jpg

Last edited: