CZ 97b, fixed an issue!

chris in va

The past three years I've been struggling with the Lee 452-228-1r mold in my 97b. Numerous live round stovepipe or 'bolt holdover' jams, aggravated by the fact I can't lengthen the OAL due to the short leade.

On a whim I went back to the TL 230 collecting dust and with a little experimentation discovered the problems cleared up. Seems there is more bullet nose length on the TL to prevent this issue. I seat it so the last TL ring is barely showing above the case rim, 1.265". Any longer and it doesn't fit in the mag.

Jim243

The past three years

While I don't pour lead, it just seems to be that in three years you might have just bought a different mold. I know they are costly but...........

Glad to see you solved your problem.

Jim

salvadore

Really Jim, I'm going on two years fighting that same mold, (different problem). Sometimes you just don't want the b******s to win.

chris in va

Unfortunately Lee doesn't make another decent RN 45 mold, and I'm not about to spend $100 on a Lyman, etc not knowing how it'll fit in my CZ.

On a side note, why does Lee screw up their designs so badly? They can't follow protocol with proven designs like a standard 45 ACP ogive, they have to make it the shape of a balloon.