CZ-97B: Broke in at last, I think

Nightcrawler

I think I've gotten my CZ-97B broken in at last. Put 120 rounds through it today. 50 rounds of Magtech 230grn FMJ, 50 rounds CCI Blazer 230gr FMJ, and 20 rounds of Winchesters SXT 230grn JHP.

The gun has hiccuped on hollowpoints before, but not this time. With a steep feed ramp like it has, it probably needs a break in period.

Also, before with the 22 and 20 pound recoil springs, I've had ejecting cases get caught in the closing slide. Not anymore with the 16 pound one. I think I've found the optimum spring tension for standard pressure ammo.

I can tell y'all right now this gun is a hell of a lot more accurate than I am. At a range of about 15 yards, offhand, I was getting holes touching each other, and I'm still fairly new to handguns.

It was also raining, but that didn't bother either the CZ nor myself.

So, I'm happy with the gun so far. To new CZ-97B owners, remember, the weapon might need a breaking in period.

My next test of the CZ-97, and I'm not sure when I'll be doing this, will be a semi-torture test, seeing how the weapon functions when dirty (dirty as in dirt, not residue from firing).