CZ 85b

jonas_357

Finally I bought a CZ 85 B three months ago. Although this gun normally costs 1080.- FS in Switzerland (890 $) I found a brand new one for only 650.- FS (536 $, just the american price on th CZ-USA website). It's a very nice gun, but the trigger is very rough. It's perhaps because of the firing pin safety. And the trigger is also very high (almost 3.9 kg). Do you have any suggestion to improve it?
Jonas

Mark54g

dry fire (with a snapcap) will smoothen out the trigger. The double action (3.9KG) first shot is meant to be a bit heavy, but all subsequent shots should be more like 2.3KG or so.

Also, while that price is somewhat expensive for the US, I am not sure how this relates to where you are. If YOU feel you got a good deal, then all the more reason to be happy with your purchase.

I have a 75 Stainless. It is somewhat simliar to the 85B in that it has an ambi safety.

Good guns all around. You'll like it.

HorseSoldier

Snapcaps are inert dummy rounds you can dry fire with to protect the firing pin.

Some may have been included with your pistol. CZs I have purchased here in the US have included some black plastic snapcaps with removable and replaceable green plastic "primers" along with the other accessories the weapon comes with.

jonas_357

OK! Yes, I got two snapcaps and about ten green primers with my CZ! I just didn't know the name. Thanks!!! One more question: how many times may I fire dry with one repleacable primer?

atblis

Don't waste your money on snap caps

Fold a small piece of paper into a square and wedge it into the rear of the slide such that it blocks the hammer from hitting the firing pin.

Some people use rubber orings in a similar manner.

USNairman

I would sit around the living room and continuously fire my CZ 75b with a snap cap 4-500 times an evening until the wifey was ready to grab it and beat me over the head with it - It really smoothed things out. This is the most enjoyable shooting and accurate handgun I have ever owned.

Sriracha

I've used the green and black snapcaps that came with CZ-85B. The green "primer" seems to be o.k. even after being hit about 200 times. I'll have to try the wedged paper idea once these wear out, though.

- Sriracha.