cz-82

SpookBoy

Local dealer has one in for $299 i could get him down to prob 250/270 price range.NOW the question, would it be cheaper to order one through cdnn? or a company for 189.00 with shipping and he only wants a 20$ ffl fee.

And question 2. How do i order one through them,my understanding is that, i pay the company,they send the gun, i do the check at the ffl and pay him his fee?,correct? or is it more to it than that?

As always happy hunting and thanks for the info

Sgt Pepper

You order the gun from CDNN (or whomever) and they will require you to fax them your local FFL information. You pay CDNN the price of the gun (plus shipping, accessories, etc.). They ship to your ffl. When it arrives, your ffl will call you. You go to your ffl, do the paperwork, and then pay the ffl their fee. you go home with gun. that's it.

shinerjohn

That's about it. The only variation I can think of is if CDNN already has a current FFL for your local dealer. When you call them, they can look it up. If they already have it on file, you won't have to fax one to them.
I bought my CZ82 from CDNN a couple of months ago. Everything was perfect, including the handgun itself!!

Cliff47

The only problems I can think of withthe CZ82 is 1) Ammunition, and 2) Magazines. Outside of that, you have one sweet little firearm.

test drive

was just over at Centerfire systems. they have the 82 for 149.00 ;) give them a call. they will talk you through how to do it.

SouthpawShootr

I dislike buying surplus guns sight unseen. I recently picked up a CZ82 myself. Wanted one for a while. LGS got a bunch in and I was lucky enough to have my choice. The one I picked, for $250, was in better condition than 98% of these guns I had seen at local shows. The finish is nearly perfect. I don't see any wear on the gun except that which is normally attributed to "handling." I'm happy. I supported the LGS. Got the gun I wanted. Probably paid $20 more than the one in unknown condition I could have gotten from CDNN. Now if the LGS would just get some P6's in................

shinerjohn

I understand where you're coming from, Southpaw, and I sure can't blame you. I have purchased 9 surplus handguns and every one has been in better shape than advertised. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I do try to know something about the seller. So far, I have not been disappointed. Every surplus gun I've purchased sight unseen has been in better condition and priced lower than those I've seen at gun shows and pawnshops. Even the 5 I've purchased through GunBroker.com.

woad_yurt

Mail order surplus, for me, has always beaten local shops for price. My friend got a Centerfire Systems CZ 82 and it was a great deal. The gun looks and works great and the price was the lowest around.

Regarding comments about the possible difficulty of finding 9X18 ammo:
Nowadays, most ammo is harder to get but, usually, any decent gun shop will have the stuff. And, if there's none near you, have it shipped to you. Just remember that the same $10 shipping will get 50 or 500 rounds shipped to you so be efficient with that minimum shipping charge.

One needs to venture a little bit further out than Wal-Mart to buy 9X18 but it's not a drag, by any means.

Last edited:

Ricklin

CZ82 Rocks

I bought two from SOG about 8 months ago, they are a nice little pistol, very accurate, and if you buy right they are cheap to shoot.

9mm Makarov is more available and cheaper than ever, I pay about 10.50 for 50 of the steel case Russian stuff (brown bear) fairly cheap.

I have started loading for the CZ, and I have some brass on backorder at starline. I have cut down 9mm Para cases by 1 mm they work great.

For a reloader the CZ 82 kinda sux, it throws brass wily-nily, my Glock practically puts it in a neat little pile for ya:)

Enjoy your CZ82, it's one of the best deals out there in surplus weapons, good SD ammo is available, and it is a quality, durable weapon.

Next, pick up a CZ52, the handgun that thinks it's a rifle.:)

schnarrgj

Love both of my CZ82s. Besides reloading, I too order the brown or silver bear ammo on line. There does not seem to be any shortage. For the price you are looking at, I would use the lgs in that you can see what your are getting. Finally, I like to support the lgs.

northern

I've been looking at these myself. Gander Mountain has some at reasonable (under $200) prices. From a cursory glance, seem in OK condition. My biggest question is the cost and availability of ammunition. It seems crazy relative to the 9mm Luger and even the .380.

DarthTedd

I've thought about getting one many times. The shop I hit up had a CZ 83 w/ wood grips & it was really nice! The wood grips really made it.

20181-1.jpg

Hammerhead_6814

Centerfire Systems has CZ-82's for 155.99! Don't buy from a local dealer, an FFL (assuming yours is around $30) and their shipping (I was quoted $15) is STILL cheaper than $299!

I personally got one locally used. At $180 with TWO magazines, it was a sweet deal. I didn't get the carrying case or the cleaning rod, but for an extra $20 I can get something better or just as good.

I personally really like these little things. Sure they may not have the energy or velocity of a 9x19, but who on earth makes a 9x19 pistol that holds 12 rounds in the magazine for only $200? NO ONE. At gun shows I've seen boxes of 50 rounds go for as little as $14 dollars (and I'm told that you can find some guys selling it for only $10 bucks!). Hornardy is making personal defense ammo (TAP?) in 9x18 now, but this sells for a little over $20 a box.

My only complaint is the finish on the CZ-82. But hey, these things are SURPLUS that the Czech police have had laying around in storage for years. I've yet to hear a complaint on how they function, and mine is as solid as a rock. I've only put 24 rounds down range, but at 10 and 15 yards everything was staying within three inches. There was a flyer on the 15 yard target that would have expanded the group to nearly seven inches, but that's probably me, not the gun. It was ONE flyer after all.

My advice: if you can stand some ugly paint, a nearly COMPLETE lack of accessories (grips are all that is available, and standard 12 round magazines), this is a cheap surplus pistol you'll love. It's certainly better built than some of the other 9x18's on the market, and right now you can get them for around the same price as an FEG PA-63 (which only holds seven rounds and eats away at your hands with a poor grip and slide). If I wasn't in a funny situation financially, I'd have bought two online. One for the collection and another to try and modify to modern specs (like adding a rail for a flashlight or a laser).

Last edited:

northern

I did buy the CZ-82 ($160 plus sales tax at Gander Mountain, unfortunately just one magazine). Also a box of Norinco ammo (all I could find at a reasonable price locally). Shot a couple of clips. Decent trigger and accuracy seemed fine for a handgun like this (paper plate at 25 yards). One failure to feed, but I'm sure there are better ammo options than Norinco.