CZ-82 magazine release

USMCGrunt

I was taking a look at a CZ-82 in the store today and it does feel pretty good in my hand. However, depressing the magazine release is NOT an easy task with the thumb rest of the grip getting in the way! Anybody elsenotice this or am I doing something wrong?

DMK

Yes, I noticed that as well. I assume the CZ-82 grips are shaped to prevent the mag release from getting accidentally depressed. Unfortunately, it makes it difficult to depress it intentionally.

Still, it's better than the release on the heel of the grip like the Makarov and many other European military guns have.

European military forces have a strong fear that handgun magazines will get accidentally dropped.

Boris Bush

The mag release on mine "feels" hard to press when there is no mag in it. When it is loaded with a mag in it, it might be a little more secure (read a little harder to press) than normal mag releases, but it still works. It is also an ambidextrious mag release for those lefty shooters. Even the holster that comes with it is ambidextrious. Kinda nifty.

I use mine for carry alot when I do not feel like carrying my CZ-75 compact. The 82 is VERY accurate and is a joy to shoot........