CZ 75D Compact Sear question

erob3

Hey guys, hope i'm posting this in the right section. I have done several sear/trigger jobs on my 1911's with great results. Was considering working on my CZ75D Compact and while examining it closely tonite I discovered you can see the sear engage the hammer hooks while holding the pistol in your hand as if you are going to shoot it while it is cocked. I noticed the right hammer hook is longer than the left hammer hook and engages the sear much longer; Is this the case on other CZ 75D compacts or do I have an abnormal hammer? Please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

schmeky

erob3,

This is normal. On a D/C CZ there is no hammer hook on the LH side of the hammer. A word of caution, leave the sear alone. There is a goldmine trigger lurking inside a D/C CZ, but it can only be accomplished through remachining the entire hammer face, properly cutting the hammer hooks, and re-timing the disconnector.

erob3

Thank you Schmeky, I appreciate your advice and will not proceed further. I just hate the long trigger pull compared to a 1911, the trigger is smooth but just soooooo looooong. :(