CZ-75B in .40 S&W Hi-Cap Magazines ?

Pyzon

I spent a couple of hours today researching for higher than the stock 10 round mags for my 75B in .40 S&W, and found lots of misinformation regarding what the highest capacity available that still fits flush with the grip. Seems CZ claims 12 rounds is it, but MecGar shows a 14 rounder. What do the experts here say ?

Thanks in advance.

Pyzon

Walt Sherrill

Be careful. It looks like those 14-rounders will work in a standard 75B and CZ 40, but they may be mismarked. Be sure to ask when you order. (If they DO work with the CZ-40B, they won't look right with a 40B, as those mags have different base plates.) But the fact that the 40B is mentioned is promising.

CZ also makes an IPSC line of guns based on a larger frame, and those used to be 14 rounders, but now 16, and the 14-round mags on other sites MIGHT be for the CZ-75 TACTICAL SPORT. The mags for those much larger guns don't interchange with the standard CZ. (The "Champion" model is based on the smaller frame.)

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-tactical/

Last edited:

Pyzon

Thanks for the hints. And Walt, you hit the nail on the head regarding asking when ordering. The problem is I've gotten way too many different answers when asking about what fits flush and what fits what. It seems the 14 rounders from MecGar will fit flush as will also the 12 round from CZ or MecGar. I've also been told that the 16 rounders also fit flush, but I have also been told no way. The 17 rounders only fit the TS model which has a longer grip.

Any other opinions ?

Thanks.

wnycollector

The 12 round mecgar mags are flush fit on the CZ-75 .40. They stick out ~1/8" on the CZ-40B and work flawlessly. I have not personally handled the new 14 round mags, but its my understanding that they are essentially 12 rounders with a +2 extension. They should be semi-flush mount similar to the CZ-40P.

Walt Sherrill

The "body"/tube on the CZ-75B (.40) mag and the CZ-40B mag are identical, but the baseplates are different. The 40B uses a thicker (on the front) "decorative" baseplate -- and its mags won't fit in the standard 75B. The thicker baseplate keeps it from locking in place. But, the 75B mag (with a thinner bottom) will fit the 40B -- with the gap mentioned.

Just be careful that you're not getting mags for the Tactical Sport. Sounds as though the 14 rounders should work fine(since they're cited as working with the 40B, too). I'd be wary of the 16-rounders unless they'll pay return postage if they don't fit.

Note: The 40P has a compact frame (based on the 9mm P-01) adapted to work with the 40B slide. The P-01 gun was designed to use a [compact] smaller mag; they modified the 40P to be sold with a with a full-size mag and that full-size mag uses a filler that works as a grip extension. Get those "fillers" from CZ and you can use any CZ mag for the full-size guns with the 40P. The tubes are the same.

Last edited: