CZ 75 Standard IPSC

Peter Gun

I was looking at more conventional full size .40's and this caught my eye at the shop. The SA trigger is incredibly light and crisp! The balance and grip ergonomics are nice too. Sights are fairly basic adj, but well placed on the pistol. I think I like it!! Has anybody shot one of these? Is it as accurate as it looks? Are there all black finishes available? Can I mount my C-more red dot on it? I'm going to snoop around czforum.com as well, but I get a lot of good info on this board. Thanks for looking!

TBAUS

I've shot one, but don't own it. The trigger is glass smooth. The gun is really accurate. A well made gun, all around. The gun I shot is one of a friend I shoot regularly with.

cratz2

I love mine. I don't shoot it as much as I should and therefore am not as accurate with it as I am my EAA Witness Silver Team. The CZ's trigger is really unbelievable for an out of the box trigger. Mine was measured at the shop as just under 1 7/8 lbs.

I paid about $830 for the CZ and I got a great deal on the Silver Team at a little under $400 used with three mags. The IPSC Standard comes with 4 mags and about 5 slide stops and 12 shock buffers. The mags are non-standard and I haven't found a source for them for less than $40 each. Europeans get 16 round mags while we are stuch with 10 rounders.

I love the CZ guns, esp the more decked out target types. After a session shooting the CZ IPSC, you will want to have trigger jobs done to all of your shooters. I thought the EAA had a good trigger around 3 lbs but after the CZ, it is now of EGWs waiting list.

DCP_0803.jpg

DCP_0822.jpg

DCP_0793.jpg

KShaft

if they made that in the standard cz length, id seriously consider it.

how does it balance? 1911ish?

looks purdy, how does she shoot?

thanks,
k.s.

cratz2

Definately a bit heavier and bulkier than a 1911. Shoots like a dream though I certainly can't get everything it can give.

They do make the CZ75B SA which is the single action with the stick style trigger. My guess is the few that I've handled are right around 3 lbs, maybe a bit more. EGW Guns should be able to get the trigger down to 2. It's the same size as the normal CZ75B and comes in 9mm or 40S&W regardless of what the CZ website says.

cobraman

Yup

I have one. I use it to shoot IPSC/USPSA limited class. Its a wonderfully accurate gun. It has very low recoil even with full factory loads. My trigger is at about 1.6 lbs. Thats from the box.
My only complaint is that the front of the dust cover is hard to get clean from all the shooting I do.
Great gun IPSC, the sights are a bomar style rear and the front sight is nice and thin.
This gun was designed for IPSC style shooting and it meets all the needs of an ISPC shooter quite well.

KShaft

wow. that sounds great.

i owned a cz-75 sa for a bit. very acurate. The only thing i dont like is the safety. Needs to be more easily acessable like a 1911 or even better bhp. I have small hands and even in c&l, its hard for me to reach the trigger in a high hand grip due to the safety position.

thanks for the responces,
k.s.