CZ-75 SA First Impressions

Dashunde

So after several months of deliberating (and sneaking in a new G27 first) I finally bought a 75b SA.
My objective was to buy a inexpensive all-steel 9mm for plinking duty, and thats exactly what I got, but it also came with a really nasty trigger.

Good thing they're easy to work on. ;)
I followed a couple of the FAQ Gunsmithing posts over at czforumsite.info, and after two attempts and combining all of the informative posts I managed to get a very smooth trigger using the stock parts.

I took it to the unsupervised dept of conservation range yesterday with 4 boxes and let it rip :D
Zero failures of any kind.
It's a really nice shooter, and points almost perfectly for me - at short range (20-30ft) I dont need the sights to stay within 6", its like pointing a finger.
I didnt do much accuracy testing, was having too much fun just blasting the cans and clay pidgon bits that were on the backstop.

In the future I might install a lighter hammer spring and possibly the shorter stroke hammer (less contact with seer) and start dialing it in for high accuracy.
Its definitely going to get a set of Coco Bolo grips - right away!

Last edited:

Amin Parker

In the year 2100 your grand kids will be on this forum telling my grand kids how great the pistol is.

My vote for the best 9mm pistol in all the world.

Delaware_Dan

The Cocobolo grips are a huge aesthetic plus. When I ordered mine, I called the CZ custom shop and they had just gotten a batch in. The young lady I spoke to hand picked a set for me based on my wood grain and color preferences. You will not be disappointed.

Bummer about your trigger, mines great.

4478968289_11d006f54b.jpg