cz-75 question

meat

Hey all. I've decided to finally get the CZ-75 to serve as my 9mm range handgun. I went to the range to purchase one and they were sold out!!! I talked to the guy there and he told me that all of the turkish contaract cz-75b's have been sold. I was bummed to say the least :( . So if i want a cz-75b I now have to pay more (about 420) and as added insult, they no longer come w/ the one hi-cap. However, he did tell me that I can still get the CZ-75BD "police" model w/ one 10 round mag and one hi-cap for 379. This is the decocker model (which doesn't bother me). I just want to know if this gun is just as accurate and reliable as the cz-75b. Also, does the .22 conversion kit work on this version of the cz-75? Thanks in advance.

mbott

meat,

Although I have several CZ's. I don't have the model you reference. Check out the CZ Forum ( www.czforum.com ) where you should find enough members with the CZ 75BD to help you with your question.

--
Mike

DMK

There's still a few Turkish '75s around. Check gunbroker.com, a few pop up there every so often. There's also one for sale in the classifieds in the CZ forum (the URL is above).

I don't see any reason that the BD would shoot any differently than any other CZ-75 except for *maybe* trigger feel.

I'm not fan of decockers though. In my opinion they are just a solution to liability issues. I'd rather have a safety.

According to CZ-usa.com, the Kadet kit "fits any CZ-75...".

Why don't you ask them yourself: call 1-800-955 4486 or send them a message: http://cz-usa.com/_p/p20.php#

williamcthomas

CZ75BD

Hey Meat,

I just purchased a CZ75BD 9mm from The Gun Rack in Burtonsville , MD for $399. It's fantastic! Great price for any pistol in MD.

CZ-USA told me the .22 conversion unit works fine with the 75BD. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered.

Check out www.czforum.com for answers to your CZ questions.

High-cap magazines are available for $38 from a guy on that forum that posts as VonFatman.

Have some CZ fun.

Eric Larsen

The CZBD will be just as accurate as the Turk/Mil version...basically the same gun. The 22 kit will work on either gun and have heard..it will make you let your Ruger/Target 22 just sit there...sounds nice.
Shoot well

meat

That's funny williamcthomas!! That's where I went. My good friend works there. He told me about the deal.

chaim

Sorry to hear that Meat. I got my Turkish Contract gun there and I love it. Last time I was there (about 2 weeks ago) they still had one, one that they added Hogue grips to, two pairs of grips and a 15rnd mag for $399 would be nice. I was thinking about putting my money down on that sucker. Oh well. I'll have to think about the BD (there are several other CZs I want before they are unavailable in MD, though by then I may be in PA so it wouldn't matter).

Then again any CZ is a good deal for what you get and the high-caps aren't that expensive so, while not AS good a deal, you are still getting a great deal.

chaim

Oh, since you are local, let me know if you want to shoot one while you are waiting and I'd be happy to meet you at the range (probably On Target) to let you shoot mine.

orsogato

Go to the next nearest gunshow in your area. I guarantee you will find dealers w/ the Turkish cz-75's. I picked up one a while ago for $330.

Which I understand many people found them for about 15-30 federal reserve notes less than I paid for mine. Best bang for your buck there is. It doesn't surprise me that American shooters are finally catching on to these pistols.

I mean really why buy a bulky/ awkward feeling Ruger when you can get a superior CZ-75 for the same price or less.

Keep looking

Orso out.

Selfdfenz

Meat

What Orsogato said is correct.
Local dealers have carried CZ in my area but gunshow deals have carried many more models and at least here for less $$$.
This past weekend I say 6-8 CZ 75B at the local show. $320-340ish with the standard 10 and 15 round mags.

I don't think I'd wait forever. Sooner or later those guns will dry up and $$$ will get higher.

MikeK

meat; williamcthomas; and chaim;

Since you all are local you may want to check out www.mcsm.org

Next meeting is 5/14. The 75b is a fine gun and CDNN did have a good deal on promag magazines in standard capacity (15 rd).

chaim - Did the last MD shoot die from lack of interest?

orsogato

Let us know how you make out meat. You won't be dissapointed. P.S. you will know if it is a Turkish Military overrun gun if it has a 96' behind the extractor.

Orso.

robctwo

My brand new CZ 75BD out of the box is more accurate than my Browning HP Standard with adjustable sights, trigger job and 2000+ rounds through it. It pisses me off. Paid $369 for the CZ with the 10 & 15 round mags. Paid $651 for the Browning. I really love both guns.

My Kadet kit is coming next week.

I will see about my Ruger Mk II in the future.

RBull

meat, you wrote "range handgun"... in that case it should most definitely be the single action CZ-75 B SA ! :) Check out the www.cz-usa.com website, the SA ad will pop up in separate window. You can call it CZ HP :)

chaim

chaim - Did the last MD shoot die from lack of interest?

Mike, as you know if even one person is able to make it (in addition to myself of course) I am willing to do it. In the most recent case I got really busy and wasn't thinking about it and so I didn't follow through.

Maybe in a few weeks we can all get together or we can carpool to bigger, nearby shoots. Today is PA's but unfortunately I have too much to do for my job (I am a long term substitute teacher and they made a major change to my duties on Fri, I will now be teaching math and social studies because the 5th graders won't be changing classes anymore, so I only have the weekend to plan). In June there sounds like a nice one (including a camping trip) at Rehobeth Beach Del. We could try to get some people together between the two since I'm sure not everyone will make it from MD or we could go with July when those are both over.