CZ 75 Pre-B extractor pin problem

Skarekrow88

I fairly recently rebuilt an old beat up Pre-B with an order of parts from Cajun Gun Works. After some elbow grease and inventing some new curse words I got it put back together with the new parts and she runs great and I shoot it really well.

Only problem I have now is that the extractor pin from Cajun wants to work its way out of the top of the slide after shooting a couple of mags and I have to tap it back in. Is there anything I can do about this aside from just removing it and trying the old extractor pin? Drop of nail polish, blue loctite etc.? Any suggestions are welcome.

Jim Watson

I’d try non permanent stuff like Loctite first.

The old way would have been to knock a little curve into the pin or hammer the end out of round so it would bind in the hole.

Skarekrow88

Everything I found on it said the opposite.

Guide I specifically used said this:

"Tap out the extractor pin. Drive the little pin out from the bottom and out the top. This helps keep vibration from letting the pin slip down into the gun, which would be predictably catastrophic."

JohnKSa

Administrator
I would try Jim's suggestion--put a very slight bend in the pin. It doesn't take much of a bend to hold a pin in place quite firmly.

sevt_chevelle

The armorer manuals directly from CZ say otherwise, the pin comes out from the bottom. The hole is staked on the underside to prevent the pin from coming out the bottom.

You could try CZ USA and buy an OEM pin.

redlightrich

All good ideas above. If it is a roll pin, I have had good luck putting a center punch in a vise, and seating it on one end of the pin, using a second center punch, giving it a whack with a hammer. Yes, sometimes you need 3 hands to do this, but you are basically flaring the ends of the pin.
You will solve this using one of the mentioned methods.

Good luck

Rich

highpower3006

I just looked at my pre B and I can see no evidence that the pin hole was ever staked on the underside of the slide.

If it was my gun, I would remove the pin and deform it at the top by laying it flat and hammering on just the very end. That will expand that end so when you drive it back in, it has an interference fit in the hole. I have used this method on other pins that want to drift out and it has always worked.