CZ 75, parts compatibility w/ P01/PCR?

Casimer

I've been considering a P01 or PCR.

What I'd like to know is whether the parts used on these pistols are compatible with the other 75 based pistols - specifically the trigger and fire control groups, and the sights.

vel525

I'm not positive as I only own a P01. If you don't get a response here, could check out the CZ specific forum. Good luck and you can't go wrong with a P01 or PCR!

Walt Sherrill

Most of the parts are interchangeable, but because some models are decocker models and some aren't, there are issues. Sights on the B models all use the same dovetail, but the sights on some models may need part of the rib on the top of the slide removed before or behind the dovetail. Older CZs are sometimes compatible, but sight dovetails on the oldest ones can be drastically different, and front sights on some of them are staked, not dovetailed.

Barrels on the compact models have two locking lugs, while barrels on the full-size models have three. Converting a decocker model to use a safety, or vice-versa may not be easily done -- and would be pretty expensive just in terms of parts. The mag releases on some models are different (with newer ones being reversible). The straight single-action triggers (several different variants) can't be used in a double-action gun unless it is converted to single action, and you can't add an ambi-slide release to a non-ambi model, etc. Some modifications take an experienced gunsmith.

Parts swaps between most decocker models ought to be possible, but I'm sure there are other differences that I don't remember.

Your question is even more difficult than you think, as CZ-USA is just about the only source of parts for the newer models.

I think there's a new OMEGA trigger assembly which is apparently a major improvement. I have no experience with it, so don't know how easily it can be installed or swapped out. You need to join the CZ FORUM and ask questions there.
http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php Angus Hobdell in the ASK ANGUS area would know, for sure: he's a CZ employee, and head of the CZ custom/performance shop -- and a highly regarded/ranked IPSC competitor.

Check wtih CZ-USA before doing anything drastic.

Last edited:

chris in va

Teppo, you're better off selling your 75B and buying a used 75BD. Swapping out all those complex parts would be daunting to say the least, and expensive.

Walt Sherrill

i want to convert a stainless cz75b to a decocker
hate safeties on non single action only guns

Hard to get there from here, and very expensive.

Why not convert it to SINGLE-ACTION? Or just treat it as a single action, and carry it cocked and locked? Then the safety isn't redundant.

If you're convinced that you need to convert it to decocker, I don't think it's something YOU should try. Contact Angus Hobdell at CZ-USA or at his website http://czcustom.com/ for info about what's involved. Let HIM do it. He is a wizard with CZs.