CZ 75 or Browning Hi Power

Which One

• Total voters

Sir William

I have 1911s, other 9MMs and Walthers. They are all good range pieces and accurate. If I could carry 61 rounds of +P 124 gr Speer GDHP in as comfortable a platform, I would. I bet my life on my BHP. I prefer 3 line combat sights myself. I do like the ambi safety and I have not removed the magazine safety. My BHP is accurate, shoots when I need it and I rely on it. I did add Pachmayr Signature Series grips. I like mine.

Hal

I have - -

Both!!!!

The real question (IMNSHO) should be which one you get first.

FWIW - I got the HP first.

p99guy

I have had both, I still have the Hi Power because I have had it modified not to bite the heck out of me.

Both are great guns, but if you have big hands the CZ will not chew up the web of your hand..has an adequite grip tang that prevents this....the HP has a short tang...both styles of the normal hammer draws blood on me after a half a box....the C&S no bite hammer cures it for the most part. And the factory hammer on the SFS model Hi Power is great for big hands.
Its just a consideration....either will do a good job for you.

Apple a Day

Hey, could one of you guys with both post pics of them side by side?
Can you fit a CZ-75 in an HP holster?
I recently bought a CZ-75. I couldn't even find any HP Practicals in the area.
Thanks

Tom2

choice

I bet the hardcore traditionalists go for the HP and they would surely vote for a 1911 over some modern .45 design too. The HP is a slimmer trimmer gun but the CZ has a very good feel and are supposed to be very accurate from the box. I would like someone to compare accuracy of the two, as I cannot recall myself comparing them. Nothing wrong with either. But people buy a HP and then spend alot of time and money getting a better trigger pull.

GunsnRovers

Right now, I say the Hi-Power. I have both. With FN's being under $500, I would go that way. A few years ago when Hi-Powers didn't exist below $650 in my neck of the world, I would say CZ.

I give the HP the nod, but not as vehemently when the CZ is $400 and the HP is $650~$700.

If CCW were the main use, the HP is definately smaller.

Wildalaska

BHP is lighter, more ergonomic, easier to rack slide, fit and finsihed better.

CZ is chaeper, has one extra mode of firing (if you like crunchentickers, I havent gotten used to them since 39As)

CZ get s the loyalty it gets becasue its a CHEAP nice pistol, not becasue its better

WildbhpisalwaysbetterAlaska

Pilot

Just cock the hammer then rack the slide on a BHP. They are great 9MM's. I have three CZ's also. THe CZ-75B is rather large and heavy for a 9MM, but a great service pistol. I prefer my compact PCR overall, which I find very similar to the BHP in grip feel.

npcolin

If use for defense/carry, I will go for the CZ 75 since it is DA. Go for the Hi-Power if it is for plinking/competition. I own a CZ-75B and I am planning to get a Hi-Power later on. :cool:

TiP99

This gun will be for purely plinking untill my stat allows concealed carry. Then ill carry my p99.

The votes are still looking pretty close.

On Watch

I had the opportunity to fire a HP that was missing the rear sight, I just imagined where it was approximately and had at it, filled a four inch hole at 9 meters. Cannot go wrong with that one.