CZ 75 finish question: Stainless or Nickel?

IM_Lugger

I bought a 75B for my Birthday in November :) and was wondering about the finish. Mine has a high gloss stainless model which I believe to be polished stainless. I've also seen satin finish models with black controls. Are they nickel?

Also I heard that 9mm's are actual stainless finish where .40's are nickel.

:confused:

So what's the real story here?

Walt Sherrill

CZ has three stainless types -- varying from a matte stainless to a high-gloss. (Stainless, which is not a "finish," is trivially heavier.)

There is also a satin-nickel finish available on some models, as well as duo tone models, with matte black slides and nickel-plated frames. All that I've seen have flat black controls. (I have an 85 Combat in that finish.)

Note: the stainless guns are slightly different designs, with ambi-safeties and reversible mag releases. The beavertail may be slightly different, too. Internally, they're the same.

IM_Lugger

here is mine.

btw did you mean that ALL of them have black controls or just the satin-nickel finish?

attachment.php

Attachments

• cz75.jpg
    cz75.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 2,756

david_place_834

I've been following the CZ scene for quite some time, before the coruna was pegged to the EURO (CZ's use to be fantastic values). The nickel finish 75B was available before the stainless models became available a few years ago. The high polish came first, then the satin. I wouldn't be surprised if the nickel finish has been discontinued. The nickel is a finish applied over the standard carbon. The stainless steel models are of course all SS.

As for the controls on your model being a nickel finish or not, I'll bet czforums.com will the answers. Another great forum is czshooters.com (albeit less traveled).

Pyzon

IM_Lugger-

I was perfectly happy with my satin nickle 75B in .40, but now I see that was only a temporary affection. Seems I need to start the search for that polished stainless one.

The icing on the cake no matter what is that I also have a Kadet kit as well as a FireDragon 9mm conversion barrel, so I can shoot all kinds of stuff.