CZ-75 Compact clones

Who makes 'em?

I know Tanfoglio has a couple of near clones. Several years ago I think I remember having seen one from one of the Turkish gun makers, but I'm coming up with a blank. Does anybody know who besides Tanfoglio makes a good clone of the CZ-75 Compact? (Preferably the safety model, not the decocker model.)

Flight567

Canik subsidiary Tristar makes the shark model which is a really solid clone.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

L. Boscoe

CZ 75 Compact clones

Dunno if SAR's offerings qualify as compact, I have a K2-45C, which they call compact in 45acp, I think they offer the same in 9mm.
Pretty good guns, not up to the high end of Tanfoglio by any means, but reliable- SAR USA is the importer
Tanfoglio is imported by Italian Firearms Group in Amarillo Texas.
They are good to work with, and will sell directly to you.
I had an issue with a 45, they corrected it right away, no problem.

Polinese

Yeah I noticed CZ has taken an HK approach to pricing their guns i.e. charging 200 more than they did a couple years ago.

L.Boscoe said:
Dunno if SAR's offerings qualify as compact, I have a K2-45C, which they call compact in 45acp, I think they offer the same in 9mm.
Pretty good guns, not up to the high end of Tanfoglio by any means, but reliable- SAR USA is the importer
The Sarsilmaz B6C is on my list. An added benefit is that they also offer the exact same pistol in .22 LR. Good for cheaper practice and plinking with the same manual of arms.

Tanfoglio is imported by Italian Firearms Group in Amarillo Texas.
The Tanfoglio compact clone is all steel, so heavy. I was hoping to find one in polymer, but the Tanfoglio (as well as the Rock Island MAPP MS, which is a re-badged Tanfoglio) has a light rail. Worst case, I would buy one of those, cut the dust cover to length, and shave off the light rail.

Flight567

The Sarsilmaz B6C is on my list. An added benefit is that they also offer the exact same pistol in .22 LR. Good for cheaper practice and plinking with the same manual of arms.

The Tanfoglio compact clone is all steel, so heavy. I was hoping to find one in polymer, but the Tanfoglio (as well as the Rock Island MAPP MS, which is a re-badged Tanfoglio) has a light rail. Worst case, I would buy one of those, cut the dust cover to length, and shave off the light rail.
Whats wrong with a light rail?

The tristars cab be found on sportsman's warehouse for ~$400.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

wild cat mccane

Canik/Tristar dropped all metal framed handguns (p-120, s/c 100, shakr/stingray etc last year). They don't make them anymore.

Oddly, the SP-01 clone P-120 wasn't horrible, now the SP-01 is going 800+. They probably would be more popular now.

armoredman

The Sarsilmaz is an interesting story by itself - they were a Tanfoglio importer, then just took the design and started making them on site.
Almost all CZ clones from the last 30 years are Tanfoglios, like the FIE Excam, Springfield P-9, EAA Witness, TZ-75, etc. EARLY Witness pistols, before they went to the large/small frame, could use the older CZ75 15 round mags. Then, Turkey stepped in.
The original CZ Compact with standard safety is all steel, but the PCR and P-01s are alloy. I do not have any real experience with the Canik versions, but have heard good things. However, their website shows only poly strikers now.
All things being equal, if weight is the big object, try the PCR, even though it has a decocker - I still maintain that it is the best DA/SA metal framed CCW pistol ever built, and the Kadet Kit will work on it, which turns it into a 22lr. Buds shows a PCR for $699.

I'm not looking for one with a rail. If I wanted a rail, I'd buy a Rock Island MAPP MS (a re-badged Tanfoglio) -- but it has a rail. So far the Sarsilmaz looks like the best of the clones.