CZ 612 - Any Experience?

dakota.potts

Looking for a 26-28" pump 12 gauge at a decent price. Something for dove now, maybe Duck/Goose/Turkey later. Might as well get something that I can do various types of sport shooting with, and I may add an extended magazine tube later down the line for informal fun 3-gun type shooting.

I'm looking to stay around $300 ish before FFL transfer. There's a CZ 612 on Bud's guns for $317 at make an offer, hoping I can get it just below $300 plus shipping.

I love CZ firearms and their fit and finish. My CZ 75 and 452 are two of my favorite firearms.

Now, I know that the 612 is made in Turkey and imported by CZ-USA (I believe Akkar is the manufacturer). However, the fit and finish of other Turkish shotguns has really impressed me, and I've been very impressed at how light the wood stocked models are. I really enjoy the walnut furniture on the 612 field model, and I just feel kind of drawn to it over the Remingtons and Mossbergs I can get at the same or very similar price new.

Just wanted to check in with experiences first. I'm only finding a little experience with it online, which always seems to be positive.

Anybody own one or spent time with one?

upstate81

If you plan on this being your only shotgun for a while and plan on putting a lot of rounds through it i wouldnt buy it. An 870,500,1300 etc. Are much better built and have a better availability of parts stocks and barrels. Any shotgun made in turkey isnt worth a nickle of my hard earned money. The reliability just isnt there, see how many actual reviews and info you find on it, im betting not much. The pistol and rimfire cz guns you own are great guns however, their shotguns... Eh not as much. I have owned 1 shotgun that was turkish, a weatherby SA-08. Wasnt the worst gun but it did have issues and traded it for another 10/22.

dakota.potts

Thanks for your info.

I went ahead and went out on a limb to order it. Price wasn't terrible and I got a life-time warranty for it. I'm a writer and reviewer for my day job, so part of me really wanted to get my hands on something that hadn't had a lot of professional reviews done.

Between that and my gunsmithing classes, even if it turns out to be a lemon, I can probably learn a lot from it. What little I did see about it seemed positive though, so I'm holding out hope.

I'll check back in here after I spend some range time with it.

FITASC

There are some very good guns coming out of Turkey at the moment and they are being badged with some very reputable names on them. There can be some clinkers as well, but that will be true of any gun made to cheap price point.
Hope yours works out well; remember to give it a thorough cleaning before and relube after per the manual.

98 220 swift

I had a Cz 912 (not sure what the difference is) I got it in a trade. Shot about a box through it. It was a very nice looking shotgun. It shot well and cycled fine with cheap promo loads. I really have no need for a nicer looking shotgun. I only hunt waterfowl and it would have been looking bad in no time. So I traded it off. I also have a CZ SXS that is made buy the same company huglu. It has been fine with no troubles. I would not have though the 912 would have given me any troubles I just did not need a wood stocked blued finish shotgun. It seemed like a decently built shotgun to me.

dakota.potts

Shotgun came in today. First impression is that the quality is good overall, nice fit and finish. Particularly like the wood grain on the walnut. Foreend is a little wiggly, but that's my only major concern with it.

The trigger is very light, short, and crisp. Barely any tangible pull before it breaks. Cycling is very smooth too. Can't wait to shoot it