CZ 527

micksis86

I'm about to buy one of these and I haven't been able to find that much information on the net in terms of reviews and articles.

any of you guys have one and what are you're experiences with them?
The one i'm looking at is in 22 hornet so if you have any specific experience with that particular model that'd be great.

Crunchy Frog

Did you try the CZ forum? You'll find some discussion of centerfire CZ rifles at Rimfire Central because there is such a strong following of the CZ rimfire rifles there and they tend you get into your blood.

I have a CZ 452FS that is just great. I'd like to have its two big brothers but I don't hunt so don't really need them.

surveyor

not familiar with the hornet, more so with the 223..527 varmint

single set trigger is good:) scope mounting is on a proprietary dovetailed reciever mount.. either get the cz rings, or look at a weaver mount for them, then you have more options as far as rings.
I had high rings, but prefered to mount scope so bolt handle would just clear to get better cheek weld..so I went to a 1 pc 15 moa weaver mount and medium rings which brought scope down.

its a good shooter, with a nice trigger I haven't found out what it really likes yet, but it will shoot wwb 55 gr in a very nice group. sub moa at 100 yds,

Last edited:

PetahW

I used Burris rings on my CZ-527-H, and had the protruding magazine converted to a flush magazine by RVB Precision (the longer mags still fit).

Mine's a Deluxe model (Lux), that has very nice wod, and is a decent shooter.

I like it TONS better than either of the rotary nagazine Ruger 77/22H Sporter, or the Ruger HB Target rifles I had B 4 it.

Since it's a Mini-Mauser, it fits right in with it's larger cousins, and I like the set trigger.

thallub

i own a left hand CZ 527 American. It is chambered for 5/56mm /.223. Fired with my hand loads the three shot groups measure 1/4-3/8" at 100 meters. i own several other guns in this caliber, including a Remington 700 with a very expensive after market heavy barrel. That gun is sometimes as accurate as my CZ 527.

micksis86

Thanks for the info. I have a 452 22lr and it is a great rifle i didn't doubt that their centrefires would be any different. I was surprised how little there was on the net in the way of reviews compared to other rifles.

I would imagine not being made in the USA would diminish it's popularity to some extent. I really like the traditional look of the CZ centrefires.

Depending on how this one goes i think I'll get a full stock one next i really love the look it's a shame they don't use a mannlicher butter knife syle bolt handle on them it would compliment the rifle really well.

chris in va

I've had my 527 in x39 for a few years.

All of my CZ's have had what I lovingly refer to as 'teething issues'. 75bd, Kadet kit, 97b and my carbine.

Despite installing a new spring, it still won't ignite primers about 10% of the time, especially the harder Wolf primers. I can rack the bolt and hit it several times, sometimes it goes off again.

The magazines had a burr inside that would make the rounds jack up at a 45 degree angle. CZ sent me two new mags, same defect. I fixed it myself and it feeds fine now.

So basically, once you tinker with CZ's a bit, they are stellar guns that give years of service.

PetahW

[Depending on how this one goes i think I'll get a full stock one next i really love the look]

That's exactly what I thought, when I 1st decided to buy a CZ-527 - NOT ! !

The FS was a huge disappointment to me, with a "so-so" polishing job prior to bluing, and a stock that looked like it came straight out of a jar of peanut butter - UGH !

Added to the above, the accuracy sucked big time. :mad:

It went down the road in less than a week, and it was almost another year, before I ran across the beautiful Lux/Hornet - at less $$$ ! !