CZ 527 Varmit, 223, .5 Inch Tall Rings & Weaver T 36 Scope

jtmckinney

I am ordering the rifle today and want to also order rings and scope. Trying to figure out if this combination is a good one.

The T 36 has a 54mm Objective and 38mm Ocular.

Rings I am looking at are available Midway product # 687393. These are "Burris 1" Ring Mounts CZ 527 Short Action Gloss Medium" These are .500 Inches high.

Barrel clearance doesn't seem to be a problem. If I am mistaken please let me know. I saw a couple of reviews where the bolt would not clear some scopes and thought someone with more experience would let me know if they see a problem.

A more practical scope for this rifle will be installed later but for now if I cannot hit the bulls eye it will not be because I cannot see it. Only gonna shoot paper for now.

Any information appreciated.
James

Markwondi

I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 with an objective of ~48mm and an ocular size of 38 mm on my CZ 527 varmint .223 and the bolt barely clears. I'm also using the same rings you mentioned, so you'll be fine with the barrel clearance and you should just clear with the ocular as well.

Last edited:

flashhole

I would suggest the Millet windage adjustable rings. My CZ did not have good alignment of the dovetail mount front-to-back and the added windage adjust was needed.

mnero

My 527 has a 3200 elite; which is a fairly cheap scope($300) and it still is a straight shooter:cool:You'll be happy with the optics, I bet.

jtmckinney

Thanks To All

I have ordered the scope and rings. If there is a problem I will let you know. I am excited about getting this put together and seeing what it will do. Might take a couple of weeks but I plan on posting a range report (my first).

Once again Thanks!
James

Rimfire5

The front lens objective on my T-36s are 40 mm and the outside diameter of the AO front end with screw in lens caps attached is 52mm.

I have a T-36 scope (on on my CZ 527 in .223) and it mounts nicely on CZ 527 medium rings.

I put Burris Signature Zee medium rings with the CZ mount on my CZ 550 and it also mounts an equivalent sized AO scope with sufficient clearance also.

You shouldn't have a problem with Burris Signature Zee rings that are made for CZ mounts.

Actually I liked the Burris rings better because they have allen adjustment screws on the scope rings and also protect the scope barrel better. Factory Rings from CZ have flat slot fillister screw heads that are a real mess to try and tighten enough to keep the scope from moving.

In addition, with the Zee rings, you always have the ability to put in adjustment inserts if you need them for any reason.