CZ 527 owners, i need some help

scouter27

im looking for a receiver mounted, aperture sight for my 527 carbine. are there any out there that can be mounted with a minimum of machining/fitting? i dont want to ruin the rail, but i dont mind a little drilling/tapping.

i do plan to call williams and negc tomorrow to see if they have anything that will work.

thank you for your time

chris in va

Midway's catalog has a few peep sights that might work.

Page 648. NECG ltd "rear peep sight" $79.99

"This steel sight attaches to a scope base and includes 2 elevation slides. Also includes two aperture discs."

Thing is, the 527's scope channel is 16mm and very difficult to find anything for. You may have to get that Weaver mount I pointed out *then* put this sight on.

I'm not really seeing anything else that could work, although some do mention drill/tap.

Hey if you do find something, let me know. I'd love to get something adjustable for my carbine.

EAJ702

“Czech this out though. Kalinka Optics has a dedicated weaver rail for our 527's! Pretty sweet. http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=619”

I have a .223 CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar and have also been looking for a receiver rail however I would be careful with this one. I’ve read a handful of posts which suggest that this rail is of poor quality and the bolts which tighten the rail to the receiver have a tendency to strip out. CZ manufactures a rail for their 452/453 series rifles, but regrettably nothing for the 527 which is disappointing news for such a popular rifle.