CZ-527 in 7.62 x 39mm

Beta

I was thinking about purchasing one of the new CZ-527s this weekend, and I wondered if any of you had any problems with mounting a scope on the same.

It looks to me like there is a lot of drop in the stock. Does this make it hard to look through the scope? Most American rifles have much less drop in the stock these days.

Also, have you been pleased with your rifle's accuracy?

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. I have a 527, but in .223 Remington. Mine is an older gun and came with Warne rings. No trouble mounting the scope at all and no problem seeing through it. I can offer no information on the rifle in 7.72X39 as I've not shot one. My gun has the more typical "American" stock. I do have a .375 H&H with the hog's back stop having more drop. It offers no problems in sighting. Best.

shunt

I placed a Leupold fixed 4x compact scope on mine with CZ rings, not the Millet variety sometimes included. Granted, the scope is a bit high but is necessary to clear the bolt handle. I don't find it troublesome in the least.

I love this little rifle, and accuracy varies dramatically depending on ammunition. Some makers use bullets that are .308 diameter (Remington & Federal, I think), while others use .310 (Winchester). The best accuracy I've achieved are with those loads that match the barrel diameter of the rifle which is, .311. These include handloads with Sierra or Speer bullets and plinking FMJ loads by Sellior & Belliot. The S&B loads are available at Cheaper Than Dirt for under $3.00/box. There's just something special about shooting Czech ammo in a Czech rifle.

I discovered accuracy improvements after about a 100 round break-in period. I've been able to keep every ammuntition tried within a 4" group @ 100 yards offhand. The better ones staying within 2" repeatedly. Watch out for some extra hard primers with Winchester White Box. Never had a problem with their 123 gr. Soft Point though.

I don't think you'd regret the purchase. I love the balance and handiness. The iron sights, though seemingly crude are pretty handy. And the set trigger...beautiful.