CZ 527 Ebony Exclusive .223

zzbruno

Mine arrived today. It was everything I'd heard it was. Beautiful wood, sculpted and checkered stock, bluest hammered barrel I've ever seen and a polished bolt like it was a piece of art.

I don't know if this was a one off or the beginning of a new import period. The gun was tested by CZ on May 7, 2015, so it's brand new.

Mounted a Leupold scope on it this afternoon, took it out for a series of 3-shot groups at 100'. Worse was 1.12", best was .31. I attribute that to break-in enthusiasm.

Here's the kicker; I got it for $273 less that retail. Surprising since I haven't seen a new one for sale in 3 years and in Canada they are selling for up $1799.

It's a keeper. An heirloom piece.

worthless_wo_pics.gif

Share the beauty!!!

zzbruno

Sorry, these are not great photos. Too dark inside, too light outside.

1_zpsattnjyl6.jpg

4_zpszkozgwd0.jpg

5_zpsuwqymli5.jpg

6_zpsfh5u7yi1.jpg

Putting a different scope on it now, will try to take better pics.

zzbruno

It really is a superb piece of craftsmanship. If you have a chance to get one, please do, you will not be disappointed.

Colt46

CZ has some seriously nice guns

They seem to nail the old world craftsmanship ethic with modern production methods.

She's a beauty.

FairWarning

WOW!! I've rarely seen much ebony used in firearms, although it is one of the the most desired woods for musical instruments.

zzbruno

I've had it about a month now and I cannot believe what a good shooter it is. More than that, it's a great looking gun that I can't imagine I'd ever sell.

BOLO for this one; it's worth it.

Tony Z

What makes the "ebony exclusive" different? I handles 527FS last spring in .223 and put it on the end of summer list. It was a very pretty gun and now I'm wondering what the difference is and if I should wait a bit longer.

It's truly about the best value you can get in a rifle -if you can find one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6sjnv2oSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o_uU-a3TR8

Yes, you should wait - IF more are actually coming (I don't know) - differences:

-9 Twist (other 527 models are a mixture of 9s and 12s)
-"spiral-hammer-forged" barrel with gloss bluing
-beautiful checkering
-forend is both ebony AND schnabel
-3-round mag makes it more aesthetically-pleasing, and you can also buy 5-rounders if you feel you need them.

This rifle is incredibly beautiful, highly-functional, lightweight, and reasonably-priced (about $800). What more could you ask for?

zzbruno, what ammo was accurate for you? I can't wait to test these dirt cheap 50 gr American Eagles with what I believe to be a Hornady V-tip / Z-tip bullet in it. They shot like a house afire in my previous 12 twist 527.

Last edited:

FairWarning

So far, I've only seen this model in .308. I already have enough .308s, so I hope they release it in .270/7mm class calibers soon. It goes from being a strong possibility to a certainty for my stable at that point.