CZ-52 for IDPA

Inverness11

I am interested in trying out IDPA. I have never shot in a match before. My only pistol is a cz-52. would this be acceptable/legal equipment to use? Are the cheapo $15 nylon holsters alright to use? Thanks everyone!

Jim Watson

IDPA requires the calibre to be 9mm P or larger.
A local club might well let you shoot your CZ52 just to get you started but you could not take it to a sanctioned match like a state championship.
Ask at the club where you will be shooting.

Those $15 nylon holsters are really cheap and nasty but if that is what you have, bring it along, there was one in use at the shoot I went to last Saturday.
Be CAREFUL those things are not really designed for safe fast draws. Take your time and get the gun out and settled in your hand with no rush.

Ken O

You can use the nylon holter, IF....it completly covers the trigger. Most the Uncle Mikes don't.

Brian D.

Would just like to add that the match director might not want the 7.62x25 ammo fired at the club's steel targets, if any are being used in the match that day.

mete

I've always wondered if the CZ-52 could be converted to the old 9mm Mauser . That would be a nice combo !!

nscale

I have a 9mm luger barrel for my CZ-52. I dont know if you can still find them, but that should make this gun legal I think.