CZ 50 pistol

Sid

I just saw one of these in a gun shop. I would rate the finish about 90-95%. Mechanically there are no problems and the barrel is pristine. It also comes with an original box. The price is $275. I have never owned or fired one of these guns. So I would like to hear from people who are familiar with them to let me know what to expect.

Ed4032

The double action is a real bear to pull. Also the CZ70 was a upgrade to that gun. The CZ50 had soft metal issues. You can get a better price but not as good of condition. There is a bunch of the 50 and 70 series on gunbroker.

Kevin_d77

$275 seems high. I got my pristine CZ70 for $199 which included 2 mags, original box, cleaning rod, holster and test target signed in 1972 less than 6 months ago. Look around a bit. Aim Surplus and Widener gets them in sometimes.

Fun gun to shoot though. The DA is rough but the heavy frame makes the 32 acp feel like a pellet gun.

Walt Sherrill

The CZ50 is a nice little gun, and the CZ70 is better.

I had a CZ-50 a few years ago, and it was both reliable and accurate, but more a novelty item than anything. And, as I shot rounds, the slide started to developed a hump on it's underside, caused by galling, as the rear of the slide pushed down the hammer with each shot. That galling/hump can become so bad that the gun will eventually fail to function. The CZ-70, with better metal processing or hardening, seemed to fix that problem.

That said, .32 acp ammo is relatively expensive and sometimes hard to find. For just a few bucks more you could pick up a better .32 or .380, or get a gun more suitable for range trips or home defense. (I got an email about an hour ago from Target Sports get a Glock 22 police trade in for $385.)

I've been there and done that, and I won't do it again. A Kel-Tec P32, which seems to be one of the rock-solid Kel-Tecs would be a far better acquisition.

Last edited:

carguychris

Another issue is that- at least the last time I checked- spare magazines are quite pricey and somewhat hard to come by.

3-4 years ago, Century Int'l sold a whole slew of surplus CZ 50's with NO MAGS for super cheap (under $150), and I believe that the buyers promptly vacuumed up nearly every spare CZ 50 mag in the USA. Based on a quick search of GB and Fleabay, you can now GET mags- which is an improvement over 2 years ago!- but they're still not exactly cheap or abundant.

Last edited: