Cz 452

roc1

What do most of you think about the CZ452 American 22?I was thinking about one from all the good I hace read about them.i read in Guntests and Guns and Ammo good reviews.I would like a good 22 rifle for cheap shooting.
Thanks in advance
roc1

K80Geoff

I have a CZ 452 in 22lr. It is the Trainer style they no longer import. Long barrel and euro style stock with military style open sights.

I love it, it is a man sized 22 that handles like a centerfire bolt action. Smooth bolt and decent trigger. Doesn't feel like a toy.

Try this site for more infohttp://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/

They have a section on CZ, you have to scroll down a ways to find it.

hksigwalther

I have a CZ 452 in 22lr. It is the Trainer style they no longer import. Long barrel and euro style stock with military style open sights.

:confused:

They still import them.

As for the American, an excellent rifle for the price. Even better than the price. Only shortcoming (with all of the 452s) is the creepy trigger. Oh, also some Americans and Varmints will come free floated, some not. Simple matter of a little sand if not. Bolt will feel a little rough at first but will smooth out. It is pretty rare to read of an unsatisfied customer. My 452 American will serve me as my T-Class rifle for the CMP .22 Sporter games this year. (Have 6 others.)

What are you doing asking us when you should be buying one RIGHT NOW!!!
The best .22 for the money PERIOD!
The only difference between the "trainer" and the "lux" is that there is slightly better bluing on the lux, in addition the LUX has a turkish walnut stock. Aside from that they have no difference. Any model will shoot the socks off a gnat at 50+yrds-they are a great gun!
-VE

Budman2

CZ 22's ROCK!

I have purchase 2 CZ's: 1) Scout -- youth gun, and 2) Lux. Love them both. Used a $10 trigger kit in the Lux (mine) and it is unreal. Already getting the CZ Varmit model in the line of next firearms to purchase. Great value, great shooters. I had a very positive experience purchasing from www.whittakerguns.com. Good luck!

hksigwalther

Oh no, they still peddle the Trainer (beechwood) [UPC 02000] as well as the Lux (Trainer with higher grade walnut) [UPC 02001], Lux (left hand) [UPC 02003], Ultra Lux (Trainer with a 28" bbl, gold appoinments) [UPC 00080], FS (full length stock) [UPC 02005], 513 Basic (452 Trainer with more basic sights) [UPC 02008], American [UPC 02010], American (left hand) [UPC 02017], Varmint [UPC 02040], Style [UPC 02020], Sillhouette [UPC 02030], and Scout [UPC 02050].

The Trainer was also formerly known as the Special. They still use the Special nomiker for the longer action rimfires, though. CZ can get goofy some times with their names.

Swansea

Just brought home a CZ 453 American 22LR with the single set trigger, free floated forearm walnut stock (don't know about Turkish, but it does have a little fiddleback), and a nice deep blue. Shoulders great. All in, for the price, it's a fine rifle.

Chard

I currently own a 452 Varmint 17HMR, 453 Varmint 22LR and a 452 Trainer. Very good value for what you pay. If you likes irons sights and have the young eyes to use them, the trainer is the rifle.

Regards,
Chard

HuntAndFish

I just bought a 452 Lux in 22LR yesterday after looking it over at the range every weekend for the last month. I couldn't resist.

Geeze, what a nice little 22. Trigger has some slack in it, but once you take up the slack there is no creep and the pull is light. Fit and finish is very good. I really like the safety on the bolt, almost like a Winchester M70 except no third position for safe but still allow you to work the bolt. If it had that, it would be almost perfect.

tegemu

I have a Trainer and a FS (Full Stock = Mannlicher). The quality of these firearms is superb and they are FUN - FUN - FUN to shoot.