CZ 452 upgrades worth it?

hotcha45

A local dealer got in a CZ 452 lux in 22 lr. It has a decent walnut stock, but unlike the other CZs I have, it has the apparently standard crummy 22trigger. It gripes a bit to buy a bolt action 22 this expensive and then have to 'fix' it, so I was wondering, what would I have to buy to put a decent trigger in it, what do the parts cost, and who carries them at a competitive price? I assume short of putting a screw in the trigger guard I'd still be stuck with the overtravel?

MOREAMMO

The best part about the CZ's is that trigger work is cheap. Yes you can get a Timney and maybe Rifle Basix' makes one. That being said, there was a trigger kit called the Brooks trigger kit. It consisted of shims and springs. Springs to reduce pull weight and shims to reduce or eliminate creep. I paid $20 for mine and kit will make trigger pull from under a pound to I think 2.5 lbs. and safety still works. You just have to do it yourself, which is pretty easy even for me when I was still unfamiliar with my CZ. The kits now I think can be found on Ebay as the "YoDave trigger kit". If you can't find it there feel free to PM me and can give some assistance as I am a Rimfire Central member and can do some searching. Best 20 bucks that I have EVER spent on anything gun related.

snipecatcher

The best part about the CZ's is that trigger work is cheap. Yes you can get a Timney and maybe Rifle Basix' makes one. That being said, there was a trigger kit called the Brooks trigger kit. It consisted of shims and springs. Springs to reduce pull weight and shims to reduce or eliminate creep. I paid $20 for mine and kit will make trigger pull from under a pound to I think 2.5 lbs. and safety still works. You just have to do it yourself, which is pretty easy even for me when I was still unfamiliar with my CZ. The kits now I think can be found on Ebay as the "YoDave trigger kit". If you can't find it there feel free to PM me and can give some assistance as I am a Rimfire Central member and can do some searching. Best 20 bucks that I have EVER spent on anything gun related.

I agree completely. Look up YoDave on eBay. My trigger is literally in the ounces with almost zero travel. Since my 452 Ultra Lux will only be used for target shooting, this is fine. The kit contains several shims to get the trigger pull right where you want it.

banditt007

I have a yodave trigger kit from ebay. It was $18 when i bought it. I have to say, i haven't tried all sorts of different triggers, but this kit is amazing. And it is totally adjustable to whatever you are looking to do, light heavy, how much slack there is ect. CZ 452, great gun, you can upgrade to allen head action screws so you can set the tension of them with a torque screw driver. You can upgrade to an all metal magazine well (www.rimfirecentral.com talk to a guy there known as brnoman) Also you can get all metal magazines. Usually the stock is touching or close to touching the barrel on one side of the barrel (pretty sure its usually the right side) a little sanding and you have it free floated. I like mine a lot it has a really good tight feel to it.

HKFan9

My CZ 452 Manlicher came with a 2.5-3lbs trigger pull from the factory. I tested it with the trigger gauge in my shops gunsmith room.

kraigwy

I have a CZ 452 Military Trainer rifle. I leave it stock as it makes for great practice for Vintage Military Rifle Shooting. I like the ladder sight, matches my Mosin. Perfect for the CMP Sporter Rimfire Games.

RANGER94

For the record, I am not very handy. I installed the Brooks trigger kit in my CZ in about 15 - 20 minutes and it works like a champ.

stubbicatt

Only thing I replaced in my 452FS was the nosecap. The one which came with it was plastic. I bought a steel one to replace it with. It really is a quality piece.

Willie D

The 452's trigger isn't great but it's not bad. You can reduce tension on the trigger spring easily as per the manual. That helps.

What I really don't like is how the trigger manages to be neither single stage or double stage. I wish CZ themselves would put in something to 'shim' the trigger into a true single stage or that they would make it a real double stage.

pichon

Yodave rocks. I installed one in my 452 UL and it gave me a nice crisp light trigger with no travel. It took me 25 minutes to install. All you need is a screwdriver, hammer, and a punch.

Best mod/accessory I have ever purchased.