CZ 40p

tango3065

I just purchased one at the gun show can anyone tell me about them and whats the durability and reliabilty like?

Also does anyone know of any holsters for other guns that will work?

tango3065

I put 150 rounds through today and never a ftf or a fte, also this is the most accurate handgun I have ever shot and recoil was hefty but manageable. I am thinking of getting another one at the next show in December if they have them. Also I have heard rumors that this is a limeted gun of only 1500 and this is not true dealer said they still make them just not alot of them and my gun was manufactured in 2006. Now if I could only find a holster to fit.:)

tango3065

Since the 40P uses the same frame as the P01 and the slide from a 40B would you say that the 40p would be a very durable weapon since the po1 was put through a riggerious torture test, and you think it would work just fine for any SHTF or natural disaster where you would need a weapon for personal defense?

BTW I have other handguns but they are small mostly snubs and I purchased this one to put away in my BOB just in case the above situation should arise just be better preperared. Also in the 250-300 rounds I have put through it it has never had a malfunction of any kind but I was just wanting other opinions.

Thanks

rellascout

It is a great frankengun. It was created because CZ and Colt cross marketed the 40B. The 40B was a 1911 Style 40 S&W. Colt backed out and CZ was left with a ton of slides. They modified them slightly and put them on the P01 lower. There you go you have a 40P.

CZ is infamous for creating limited run guns out of scrapes. They have little to no collectors value although a lot of seller will claim that they are limited run guns.

Some people report reliablity problems. I had one and had no issues. When you look at the price tag of under $300 it is a winner IMHO.

If I still shot 40 S&W I would still have it.

Try HBE and Highnoon holsters they should have holsters for the 40P

Ralph2

I picked one up a few months ago and it is a definite good deal in the 300-350 range especially if you can find one.

CZ waffles with the wind as to whether it is a production item or a floor sweeping item. Last I heard it became a production item. But that could change again.

cbears

I really love mine. Great gun and only 247.00 plus shipping at budsgunsshop online. I'm still learning to shoot it well, but it's a real quality firearm.

tango3065

Put another 150 rounds through it today and 100 were rapid fire just to try to get a jam. So thats 350-450 rounds without a hiccup so it may be a keeper after all.

mbott

About a 40P Holster ...

About any holster made for the Ruger P97 should fit the CZ 40P. Discovered this while researching the Fobus RU97 on the Fobus website. Tried it and it fits like it was made for the 40P.

--
Mike

mbott

Additional magazines seem hard to find. My only complaint..really.

Well, this my be a solution for you.

Normally, I would not recommend ProMags to anyone, however, Promag makes a "MAG CZ75 COMPACT 40 S&W 10RD BLU" (ZMMAG12) that defies the norm as far as ProMag is concerned. I have 6 of these mags and I use them in my P-01, my 40P and in my CZ 75 Compact 40. They are interchangable in all three guns. Others have had equal success with them and of course, some haven't.

$13.30 at Natchez Shooters Supply

--
Mike

rdebert

They don't ship to Alabama though. Wonder if the Mecgar 12 round models for the CZ 40 "champion" will work..have seen those.

KALIFORNIST

"recoil was hefty but manageable"

I would look into a heavier recoil spring from wolff.I have a cz40b that has a good amount of recoil as well.Also I noticed that it shoots the empties far,very far.I have read that the 40p and 40b were undersprung from the factory.I ordered a 20 pound spring for a fullsize cz 75b that I plan on cutting down to fit.From what I have read(from people who have done this)it should slightly reduce recoil or atleast the pulse of it so that it isnt so snappy.I also have never had any kind of jam whatsoever 100% perfect and I have never seen that before.I would say that the 40p and 40b are cz's best 40 S&Ws so far.

AutoPistola

EAA style mags might work

I got one while it was $300, now price at that shop is $450. Very nice gun for the price. I don't care for the "lawyer" sear angle or the snappy recoil, but all that can be modified. I will make this a nightstand gun once I add a tac light.

Also, I got mine to function fine with hi-cap EAA mags (stock & mecgar).