CZ 2075 RAMI vs 2075 RAMI BD

Dangerwing

So I'm very interested in buying a 2075 RAMI for concealed carry. Personally, I prefer a DA/SA with a decocker/manual safety. I understand that the 2075 has a manual safety but no decocker, but I'm a little unsure about the BD. The technical specs say it has a decocker, but there is no further clarification. I've never seen a pistol with a decocker that didn't also function as a manual safety (moving the decock lever both decocked the gun and engaged the safety) but I can't find anything about the 2075 BD that specifically says yea or nay. My Beretta 92FS has a decocker and manual safety, as does my HK USPc, as does my Walther PPK/S. Any info here?

DA/SA Fan

I used to think that I wanted a de-cocker like my old Walther P-01 but I wanted the CZ clone that I got, too much to say no to it. I love the manual safety! Don't be afraid to get the manual safety version.

Walt Sherrill

Dangerwing said:
I've never seen a pistol with a decocker that didn't also function as a manual safety (moving the decock lever both decocked the gun and engaged the safety)

Not all decocker-equipped guns have decockers that function as safeties. SIGs don't -- i.e., you don't have to release the safety to go back into action. You just pull the trigger. That is how the CZ decockers work.

Most all of these guns, decockers/safeties, decockers only, or safeties only, also have firing pin blocks, so that drops or slams to the hammer won't cause an accidental discharge. All of these guns will only fire if the trigger is pulled fully to the rear (because of the integral firing pin block...)

If you need a gun brought into action quickly, and you've decocked and engaged the safety when you holstered or put it away, rather than just decocking it, you've added an impediment to action that may cause you time or something more precious.

oldandslow

dw,

I've got the CZ 2075BD Rami in 9mm with the decocker and also a CZ 75 compact with the manual safety (no decocker feature). Which one you get depends on whether you like to carry single-action cocked and locked or with the hammer down on a loaded chamber. If you like cocked and locked get the pistol with the safety and If you like hammer down get the decocker model. Both ways are valid for carry. The decocker Rami does not have a manual safety.

Of note is that many models of pistols have a decock-only feature without a manual safety. Sig comes to mind first although many brands also have both a decock-safety feature (HK, Beretta, Taurus and SW 3rd generations). Good luck.

best wishes-oldandslow

Waspinator

I like the decocker/manual safety as well.. it gives you options on how you make safe your weapon on the firing line.

That said, if I had a choice between safety with no decock, or decock with no safety... I would pick the decocker model. Since I carry a revolver daily, I am comfortable with the heavier/longer double action trigger pull as my "safety" over a locked and cocked gun with a manual safety. If I have to pull my gun in an emergency, I don't want to have to fiddle with a safety.

I handled the 2075 BD a few months back. It was a bit small for my hands (not enough room for my pinky , and I like a full grip). But the decocker worked very nicely.