Cylinder Loader

Slowhand

Powder Inc. Makes a Cap and Ball Cylinder Loader.

http://www.powderinc.com/cgi-bin/bp...ge&thispage=cyl_loader.htm&ORDER_ID=445858600

Here is a link to it.

Question??? Has anyone bought one of these critters? How did it work out for you?

I'm still spending the kids inheritance money, so I ordered one today. I have heard some great things about it from several folks who have been into this Black Powder Thing for decades. So I figured instead of spending my money on some of the cheaper ones or buying a couple of separate loaders for .36 of .44/.50 Cal I would just go ahead and get the one that does it all.

So I'm going to get an adult beverage, just kick back for a while and see if anyone has anything to say about one that they have bought.

Thanks

zippy13

Or, you could make your own loader. Here's a pair a made just a few dollars. PM me for plans.

loadern.jpg

mykeal

Yes, I bought one several years ago, when they were first on the market (and a bit less costly). I have 3 arbors for various cylinder pin sizes and jags for .31, .36 and .44 cal chambers. I drilled and tapped holes in the base to store the extra parts.

I'm very pleased with the quality and value of the unit.

Slowhand

The New Toys Arrived This Week

BPCylinderLoader1.jpg

The Powder Inc. BP Cylinder Loader got delivered today. It seems very well made and simple enough. It comes with two cylinder pins. The small one is for the Ruger and the Remington revolvers. The large pin for the Colt Revolvers. There are two loading jags. 1-40-45 cal and 1-32.36 cal.

So I set it up for .36 cal and snatched my latest acquistion a Pietta Texas Paterson, popped out the cylinder and gave it a whirl.

Paterson9-16-10.jpg

The Pietta Texas Paterson came via FedEx yesterday. I checked her out real close and she is in excellent condition. I bought her from Articap for a reasonable price. The cylinder loader is going to come in handing when loading the Paterson, since legend says that the Pietta external loading lever is sort of made from pot metal.

I'm off Sunday and Monday and planning on hitting the range to finally get to fire a few of these things.

Fingers McGee

Have never seen the need for one; however, I will admit that one would come in handy for a Paterson........ if i were inclined to shoot one very much.

zippy13

Thanks, Doc. High praise, indeed, coming from someone with your experience.

Fingers,
A loader lets me shoot conicals without modifying the 58's frame.

Slowhand

Another Mantle or Wall Hanger?

ROAs.jpg

It's not like she's a Walker, a Dragoon or a Ruger Old Army. I have two ROAs. The top one is from a fellow in Montana, who inherited it from his Dad. Made in 1976, she has never been fired. The Stainless Steel one is a California Gal from 1975, is in excellent shape but has a few range trips under her belt.

I'm having one of those "so many guns, so little time" things. So maybe I'll haul the California Gal, a Pietta Colt Navy 1851 and the cylinder loader out to the range and just have at it.

Doc Hoy almost got sentimental on the Paterson. Good point though. She is a work of art. Built more like the time piece of the era. But rather lethal in her early history. No rush.:)