Cyclic Rate of Fire (some useless information)

kraigwy

I watched Jerry Miculek on TV shoot his pistol against his wife who was using a full auto machine pistol of some sort. He equaled her cyclic rate of fire.

So to waste some time. I decided to try it. I discovered with my Smith Model 64 ICORE revolver, my Series 70 Gold Cup and my Beretta 92fs.

I shot a NRA yard pistol RF Target at 10 yards and only counted hits in the 8 ring. (or if one snuck out, I'd do it again). This was at the ready, and at the beep I dumped six rounds at the target.

Model 64---------- 1.53 0.26 235.29
Gold Cup---------- 1.47 0.25 244.90
Beretta 92-------- 1.42 0.24 253.52

The first column is time for 6 rounds. Second was avg time per shot, third would be the cyclic rate of fire in Rounds Per Minute.

What's it mean, Nothing except maybe I need a life.

AK103K

What's it mean, Nothing except maybe I need a life.
Naw, just bigger mags! :D

Shot this this morning.....

SWD M11/9mm (1200 RPM (+/-) )

Around 10 yards, two mag dumps (25 rounds each), 1.5 second (+/-) per mag or around 3 seconds total.

ry%3D400

This is your brain on full auto just for fun. :D:D:D:D

DaleA

Shh, not so loud.
One of them gun control folks might hear.

EXACTLY!
From the folk that had problems with the barrel shroud - the shoulder thing that goes up I can hear it now-

"What possible legitimate purpose is there for a civilian to have a firearm that can shoot 250 rounds a minute?"

On the third hand it does give them (the rabid anti-gun folk) more rope to hang themselves 'cause as Ted Nugent says, 'I like it when people say stupid things, that way we know who the stupid people are.'

PS Jerry Miculek - just incredibly fun to watch.

Here's a short under 1 minute demo of fast revolver shooting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

Here's a 10 minute video of him (part one of series) of him doing demonstration shooting for S&W and doing a little instructing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuNL1MFgvZI