CX4

vikingextreme93

anyone have any problems with their CX4? I want a 9mm carbine for plinking and occasional varmint removal. I have been eyeing the CX4 for years but also waiting to see if something reliable and less expensive comes on the market. I mainly want something higher cap 15+ rounds, reliable and accurate. Hi-points intrique me and concern me and kel-tec does nothing for me. I can always wish ruger reboots the PC9.

Ozzieman

If you do a search on my name and “storm Carbine” you will read a lot of test I have done with mine.
BUY the gun, you will be very happy.
I would suggest if you want more than 15 then get the Storm that takes the Beretta 92 magazine. You can get much bigger mags for that gun.
Mine takes the Beretta Cougar 8000 mags. I picked that one because I also have a Cougar. The nice thing about the Storm is that you can change mags in the gun for a small price and the parts to change mags are available and easy to install (although I have never done it).
If you reload, the gun does like upper level loads for accuracy. I did one load with a 147 lead bullet that did under 3 inch groups at 100 yards.

There are 20 round mags for the 92

http://www.berettausa.com/shop-by-department/gun-accessories/pistol/magazines/92-series/

The Hi points only advantage is price, its major disadvantage is it being UGGGGLLLYYY:p

You might want to look at one of these used if you like the Ruger

http://www.gunblast.com/Marlin-Camp9.htm

Last edited:

vikingextreme93

Ozzieman,

I would be willing to take chance on a highpoint if the capacity was higher and if the ATI stocks fit the new highpoints but my understanding is the ATI stocks do not fit the newer highpoints. You are right the highpoint is one ugly rifle:barf:

Ozzieman

Go to a gun store that has both.
Put both up to your shoulder.
Your correct decision will become perfectly clear.
The Hi point is ugly and the Beretta grip to stock opening does look a little odd,, that is until you put it in your hand. I have never seen a better gun that can be made for left or right handed shooting and that includes which side the cases come out of with just a change of parts in the gun.
This is the gun that the term "great ergonomics" was made for.

RGPM1A

Check out a Marlin Camp 9. They aren't made anymore but you can find them used. They use Model 59 or 59xx magazines and you can get magazine for those that hold 30 rounds.

ohen cepel

There are Beretta 20rd mags that run great in the 92 9mm version of the rifle.

I have about 500rds out of mine with no issues. I really like it, handy, accurate, and I didn't need to buy more mags. Everyone who has shot mine really liked it.

The Marlin suggestion is a good one, that is also a nice rifle but getting hard to find and pricey. Plus, I don't think you'll get as reliable hi-caps mags for them.

Have you thought about an Uzi?

vikingextreme93

Uzi is to 80's action movie of a gun for me. I can just here my father and father in law flapping their gums if I bought one :D and no way to make the Uzi seem practical to my wife