CW45

shootniron

Can any of you guys give me the low down on the CW45. I really like the look and feel of them, but I have not actually fired one. I have read such diverse reviews about functioning that I cannot tell what the bottom line on them is.
Does anyone have a CW45 that could give me some info about the reliability?

chris in va

I've only rented a P45 at the range. Jammed every other shot. Won't help much as we all know rentals don't get cleaned.

I will say though that it was quite snappy in the recoil department. Not something I'd like to put more than a mag through.

wyohusker

I really like my CW45... It is true though about putting some rounds through it to make it reliable. There truly is a 200-300 round break in period. After the 200 round mark with mine it has ran perfect. It is not a range gun. Everytime I go out shooting I put a couple of magazine though it just for accuracy. It is made for carrying. I have three .45's and this is the one that feels the best carrying around all day long. It is light and thin. Great gun!!

CWKahrFan

Does anyone have a CW45 that could give me some info about the reliability?

My CW45 has always run fine... Liked it so much I bought a CW9 a few months later and now prefer that for EDC because it's a bit smaller/lighter... But I like 'em both a lot... Reliable, accurate, light, thin.

Magenta

To make this a really pretty pistol, get some long grips from Big Dog Grips at griftac.com. Then get some magazine floorplates from an original 6 round 4513 magazine and it is a totally different pistol. You can get night sights from Trijicon. Novak sights are no longer made. My CS45 is my EDC and has been completely reliable. I did have the slide hard chromed as it was originally blued. I also had the safety/decocker and the slide stop levers ground thinner so it would not dig into my side. You'll love it.
Jeff

jreXD9

I had one. It ran like a top and shot well. Alas, I sold it to fund a Kimber Compact Stainless II. IMO, the only negative re: the polymer Kahrs are the grips. They aren't comfortable. I added bicycle inner tube strips to mine and that made a big difference.

Paul105

First, let me say that I’m a big Kahr fan. In the year that I’ve had my CW40 I have shot over 800 rounds with only one failure – a FTF in the initial 200 round break in period.

I bought a CW45 a little over a week ago. To date, I’ve shot a little over 500 rounds (all but 150 were reloads). In the last two days, I’ve shot three boxes of Speer Blazer factory 230gr JRN (one brass and two aluminum). In a dirty gun, I shot a box of the alum Blazers with one empty case jam on the barrel hood. I completely cleaned the gun and fired six magazines of both alum/brass cased Speers before I encountered an empty alum case jammed against the barrel hood.. A similar jam was encountered with the brass version in a previous shooting session. I then shot 50 rounds of my reloads (200gr lead SWC in nickel cases) with one additional failure to feed (unfired case jammed against the top of the chamber mouth).

I had similar, but more frequent failures in the first several hundred rounds. I wasn’t real concerned, because I was (and still am) trying to optimize the powder charge, seating depth, and crimp of my reloads to accommodate both revolvers and autoloaders.

This is just one instance (most work just fine and you just never hear about it) and I wouldn't let this particular gun keep me from buying a CW45. All gun makers have problems, that's why they have customer service depts. With that said, this gun will be going back for some tweaking after Christmas.

YMMV

Paul