Cutting a Bell and Carlson stock.

bigbird34

Hello all, A friend of mine has asked me how one cuts down a B&C composite stock,the stock he uses on his .270 is to long for him ....I'll cut it down for him once I know what I am getting myself into.....any help will be appreciated,Thanks BB34

Harry Bonar

stock

Sir:
Welcome to the forum!
I see no trouble shortening a composit stock - surely there will still be some screw holes and enough fiber to hold on a new but-pad. If not you can e-poxy some wood briges in using not fiberglass but liquid steel.
I've done a number of plastic (that's what they are) stocks - but I find that plastic steel (liquid steel) from the Auto-Zone shops works well on "composit" stocks.
Give it a try!
Harry B.

P.S.
A tip. When your shortening the stock take a square and lay it along the fore-end of the stock - scribe your line and cut it off at RIGHT NGLES to the stock (bore line) - it helps recoil.

T. O'Heir

What rifle? What model stock? B&C stocks are solid and can be cut using wood working tools. However, the model he has will enter into it as well.
A mitre saw or box will be best to get a straight cut. Then you can either follow Harry's directions or just epoxy a recoil pad on the end.
You may want to talk to B&C themselves. They do offer this service too.
Phone (620) 225-6688
Fax (620) 225-9095
E-Mail email@bellandcarlson.com