custom stocks out there?

KRP

I need a little help chosing some custom wood. I just picked up a S&W 610 with 4 inch barrel, fluted and blackpowder chamfered cylinder. This is my first experience with a round-butt N frame. I do love my Craig Spegel stocks on my 642 and am leaning that way. Could anyone with roundbutt N frames post pics of replacement stocks and your opinions on them? I'll just set back and let the gun p***roll in.:D by the way, gun will be a woods companion mostly during hunting season, worn concealed and backup to my muzzleloader.

Elvishead

First, congrat's, cool gun, my brother just order the Nightguard version because he has a S&W semi in the same caliber.

Second, I didn't know it was an N-frame, shame on me!

Third, I would keep the rubber Hogues for woods carry.

Fourth, wood grips have so many variations that I can't tell you what to get, as long as you like it, that's what you should get, but, that doesn't mean I might like it.

Enjoy your new gun anyways.

I kept the stock rubber grips on my 610 ( which I also had chambered for 10 mm magnum ), if / when I do decide to switch grips, it'll likely be Hogue laminated camo top finger groove grips like I've put on a couple other guns :)

these are the ones I like, but they also offer them in lots of wood colors, & in straight round butt grips, as well as conversions

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=613531

this is one of my revolvers, with that style of grips...

attachment.php

Last edited:

Webleymkv

I'm partial to smooth, finger-groove, round-to-square conversion Houges, particularly Rosewood. Here's a set on my now-sold M21-4 (my 629-6 now wears the same set of grips)

Nickgunphotos003.jpg

Yes, er well sorta... that is my 8 shot Taurus Raging Hornet with a Dan Wesson barrel shroud grafted on, & a custom fast twist stainless barrel, still chambered in 22 Hornet