Custom SAM7-SF Redeemed

Darker Loaf

Some of you may have been following my AK Tale of Woe...

I had safety issues (hopping the top-cover) and functioning issues that Arsenal didn't resolve by sending it back into the factory. I got frustrated and went full-silly by spending yet more money on this already spendy AK-variant, and I sent it into Firing Line out of OK, USA...

And thankfully, it runs now! So, all you AK-fans out there, now you know it! You just need to spend $2k+++ and your AK will run right. :p

Seriously, though... The cerakoting of the mags and mag-well make my Korean mags fit as tightly as higher-quality, tighter fit magazines. The Firing Line smoothed out the rails and action, so there is less friction and the gun runs more smoothly. I'm not sure if it's that, or more likely, polishing the chamber which helped feeding/running, but now my feeding/running issues are seemingly solved. The Firing Line also welded the gap for the ambi-safety to the proper spec (it was too big allowing too much travel from the factory). Also, they flared out the top-cover to catch the safety to prevent it from flipping over the top-cover when on safety (yes, it did that from Arsenal and after they "fixed" it). I threw on RPK sights, a Troy handguard, and Magpul pistol grip... all of which I like.

Attachments

• SAM7 folded - Resize.jpg
    SAM7 folded - Resize.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 46
  • SAM7 unfolded - Resize.jpg
    SAM7 unfolded - Resize.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 39

Greguw

Thats great they worked out your problems but really sucks that Arsenal quality has gone down . I posted on a few threads about there problems with the new sam7 ... At the one shop I was working out of we had about 4 new Arsenal ak's that we sent back for fit and finish and feeding problems .
I would advise buying older Arsenal AKs were a better quality than whats being turned out these days . I would not buy new Arsenal products , not worth the price for what there turning out .
The United States put the sanctions on Russia so thats the only reason AK's are climbing in price , not sure if and when we remove them will the AK 47 start flowing back in .
There is no reason a quality builder in the USA like Krebs could not turn out a nice AK47 except for the price .

Darker Loaf

Sadly, I'd have to agree. It's an accurate, well-thought out, unique AK-variant, but It doesn't seem built to same adherence to reliability as Russian guns I've seen. And it was super disappointing to have Arsenal not bother to make me whole, but rather they just checked my gun, or removed and reinserted the safety and called it good.

Regarding custom shop-AK's, I wish I had just gotten a shop to build me one, since I paid that much coin anyway, but had a lot frustration along the way. I should have gotten a Krebs or a Rifle Dynamics or the like.

Greguw

Before Lancaster Arms went bad they were building some really nice AK47's . I have a few of them and they look and run perfect and cost under 800 for a milled ak a few years back ... then all went bad with that company .
Everything is over priced right now , best buy for your buck is the Norinco Mak90 / NHM , sucks its chinese but they built some good weapons .
My collection is mixed between AR's AK's Galil sig 556's , did try the 556R , 1st gen totally sucked but did get to try out the 2nd gen its much better but is still very picky in the ammo you run and mags you use .
My top pick for 7.62x39 is a Robinson Arms Vepr II ... Well built weapon , one of the most accurate ak47's .

AK103K

No silliness. Just pure function. (unless you dont use Multicam) :)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Darker Loaf

RE AK103K: That's a nice looking gun! You guys are definitely tempting me!

I didn't mean to dis you for the multi-cam. I just said it'd add +1 Silly to my gun, since I've poured so much frikken coin into it so far. Then, it probably would have almost as much money in it as my car! :eek:

Besides, I've got to further vet the rifle by putting at least 1k to 2k rounds through it. It seems like it will run now, but I still don't fully trust the gun yet, and I want to be sure of it's function before I sink yet more money into this pit that I call "gun."