Custom Ruger Mk2 finished!

Venom1956

Finally finished my Custom Mk2 I've been putting off for over a year.

I love it. Not much Ruger left any more. New Gen1 LLV upper, and the internals are all new (VQ). Just the bolt and the lower frame remain. Grip panels are just their until the replacements arrive.

Hope you guys all like it. Don't see many of them around.

IMAG0055_zpsc697162a.jpg

IMAG0054_zps51675a21.jpg

Still dirty from its first range trip. :D

Last edited:

AndyWest

Pretty sweet. Call it a Venom Mk 2. It's been a while since I sold my Mk 3 but good lord that grip angle seems extreme. Good looker though, nice job. Does it still require a jackhammer to disassemble and clean? :p

drail

Just when I thought I had seen pretty much everything.......:cool: I think it needs an ejector rod.

Pilot

Very nice. Let us know when it is really finished and has the new grips. Pics would be nice as well as a true range report. :D

Venom1956

Pilot any grips you'd like To recommend?

I happen to like hogue mk2 grips but kinda wanna get something nicer/different to finish it off.

Mr Budha

I like it! Just started shooting handguns and have been looking at getting a .22 Ruger to get the basics down and shoot for cheap. Interesting gun!

Pilot

Pilot any grips you'd like To recommend?

Depends what you want to use it for. It looks like a pretty serious target pistol to me. Are you going to compete? If so, you may want to get the adjustable, anatomical style grips or the Volquartsen.

On one of my MK II's with some VQ trigger mods I just put a Hogue, wooden thumbrest grip on it, but I have a Benelli MP95E for more serious work, but the Hogues do the job for what I want. Your LLV is in another league from my MK II.

jmohme

I like it!
I had a Mark I and got a set of Ruger walnut grips with thumb rest. They were quite comfortable even with the extreame grip angel of the Mark I.

Venom1956

for looks...I am not a fan. The back has curves and the front is all lines.

It appears you like it though.

Yeah I know what your saying. I when I started making this it was the only way to make it. I wish the custom lower from VQ would've been out. Plus the blued doesn't quite match the aluminums finish.