Custom grips for N frames

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
Has anyone tried Craig Spegel's boot grip on S&W N frames? Especially the 27, 57, and 29? If so, what do you think of them?Thanks.

Frenchy

I personally can't speak to the N-Frame, but I do have them on my L-Frame 686. Many of the fellas over on the Smith & Wesson Forum have them on their large frames, and really like them.
SmithNut has some great pictures of them.

20028267835870161591483.jpg

GunsnRovers

spegals

I spoke with Craig on Thursday about getting a set for my M28. I want to place the order, but the 10~12 week lead time he quoted me has me looking around for alternatives. :(

I think Cylinder & Slide has some of his regular grade smooth grips in stock, but I wanted his better grade with checkering (similar to the ones pictured above).

Jeff

Frenchy

I spoke with Craig on Thursday about getting a set for my M28. I want to place the order, but the 10~12 week lead time he quoted me has me looking around for alternatives.

I to am looking to get a set for my 28, Jeff. He does have a long lead time, but in my case, it's worth the wait for the quality that Craig puts into his grips.

riddleofsteel

Post over at the Smith and Wesson forum. There is a guy over there that knows Spegel and has offered to get grips for me before. Maybe he can speed up the process. Here is my Spegal coco bolo boot grips on a n frame Mountain Gun.

45coltmgcocobolo2.JPG

GunsnRovers

phone

503-368-5653

He's in Oregon. No web site, but he will return phone calls left on his answering machine. He was very friendly to talk to.

Jeff

Bart Noir

Got mine from Dillons Blue Book or whatever the catalog is called. It has girls with guns. They were in stock and shipped fast. No, not the girls. Since I am not a fan of finger grooves, I filed and sanded until they front of the grip is less "spikey" and more rounded. Girls with machine guns. I also changed it to allow my middle finger to fit a little higher. On the grip, not the girls. The grip fit the frame just perfect. Did I mention the women?

Bart Noir
Sex and 'Splosions; now that's a good movie.