Custom Glock 29

denfoote

This will probably be the last topic I post on TFL.
I have just finished the first and most important part of my G29 project. Conversion to 10mm kurz. (I still can't bring myself to use the vulgur name for the round!!) I had an EFK 10mm kurz match grade conversion barrel installed. Then, I put 120 rounds through it: 50rds 165gr FMJ, 50rds of 180gr FMJ, and 20rds of 135gr Federal Hydro shock. The gun performed flawlessly!! :) I found out that the kurz barrel prefers 165gr bullets, while the stock 10mm auto barrel likes 180gr bullets. TFL will be history long before I get the gun finished. I plan to install Trijicon night sights and the minus connector with reduced power trigger spring, as I am wont to do with my Glocks!! :) As funds permit, of course!! ;)

Attachments

• glock 29 target.jpg
    glock 29 target.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 359

New_comer

Have you turned it into full-auto too? ;)

Anyways, bold move you did there! Nice project!

Question: don't the ammo move rather freely in the mag. I imagine that the g29 mag is a bit thicker than the 10 Kurtz?
:confused:

denfoote

Have you turned it into full-auto too?

No, conversion to full auto is illegal here!!!!!

Question: don't the ammo move rather freely in the mag. I imagine that the g29 mag is a bit thicker than the 10 Kurtz?

I thought so to. In fact, that was one of the original questions I had when the idea for this project came to me, but the answer is no. It stays put just as it should. I have yet to measure the feed ramp on the new barrel to see if it is longer to compensate for the shorter case length of the kurz round.

nvrquit

Continue the updates...

... over on the 10 Ring on Glock Talk.

I'm sure that all of the 10mm users and supporters from TFL will be more than welcome over there.

BTW, is the EFK 10mm kurz barrel a(gasp) .40 S&W?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Why?

Why not just trade the 29 for a 23? The 29 is an awful big platform for 10 rounds of .40 Short & Weak, especially when compared to the G27...

blades67

Denfoote is also known to drive his vehicle with the tires only half inflated so that he can be "different".:p :D

denfoote

Why????

Because, to my certain knowledge, it hadn't been done before!!

Because now I have two guns for the price of one!! (I still have the stock 10mm barrel. They are interchangeable!! ;) ) I soon will have three!! I'm gunna get a .357Sig barrel for it too!!!

Because now, I do not have to worry about those Kabooms I always keep hearing about with the 10mm kurz!! I am using a pistol as a platform that is strong enough to handle the pressure...with a fully supported chamber to boot!! :)

How much do you 1911 freaks spend on customizing your guns, HMMMMMMM????? I bet mine cost less!!! :p :p :p :p