Custom Foam gun case cutouts

TXAZ

Custom Foam gun case cutouts

I have a new Apache hard-shelled gun case for the new .308, which has the ‘punch out’ squares of foam. My Barrett came with a custom foam insert that was an exact fit and much firmer foam.

Any idea where I can get a firm, custom foam cutout for the .308’s gun case?
Preference is to not have to ship the gun and scope.

(I have the exact punchout and dimensions if that helps).

dyl

You could also do this: Pick the foam to the shape of your liking. Then get a can of Plastidip rubberizer spray from Walmart or Lowes/Home Depot. Take the foam out, spray the foam and let it dry x 3 cycles. Your foam will have a tough stiffer rubber outer shell. I did it with my two smaller Apache cases.

Ricklin

Trimming foam

If you need to cut out foam.
Break out the electric kitchen knife.

Preferably while your bride is out. Goodwill and other second hand stores usually have cheap electric knives.

Another great choice is the propane torch and a "disposable" knife. It's like a hot knife through.....foam.

The hot knife method is best practiced outdoors on a breezy day.

ballardw

If you need to cut out foam.
Break out the electric kitchen knife.

Preferably while your bride is out. Goodwill and other second hand stores usually have cheap electric knives.

Another great choice is the propane torch and a "disposable" knife. It's like a hot knife through.....foam.

The hot knife method is best practiced outdoors on a breezy day.
Or with an actual hot knife designed for cutting plastic/foam/styrofoam etc available in many hobby shops.