Custom Cartridge Boxes?

jcsturgeon

I don't reload often right now, but I'm looking to get a turret press soon that will allow me to really ramp up my ammunition production. I had a question though, is there a place where I can get custom cartridge boxes for my reloads?

What I want is a place where I can get a bunch of plastic/styrofoam trays that hold 50 pistol cartidges and the same thing for 20 rifle cartidges. Then I would want some custom cardboard boxes that I could fold up... They could even say like "jcsturgeon manufacturing" or something with load data on them. That way, my reloads would look like they came from a factory. I just think it would really look cool and unique. Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

jcsturgeon

I googled custom ammo and custom cartridge boxes to no avail. Those are pretty slick, but I'd love ones that come ore printed...

FrankenMauser

I use the white Midway "CBU" boxes for anything I can make fit.

Some of the sizes require a bit of a compromise for certain cartridges, but most fit pretty well. If you're loading common, "standard" cartridges, there shouldn't be a problem.

As far as custom printing goes....
It's probably out of your price range, unless you can find a place that will print full 'wraps' for the Midway boxes. It's a lot cheaper to get 'stickers' printed, than to get custom boxes printed.

And, where you might be able to get away with a minimum order of 300-500 wraps, you'll probably be looking at a minimum order of 1,500-2,000 pieces for custom printed boxes.

Your best bet for an affordable option, is to try finding a local shop that does custom cardstock printing and has a CNC cutting machine. (And buy the Midway styrofoam inserts, if you don't find a good option elsewhere.)

If you're going to be that generous with yourself, you may as well blow some of those expendable dollars you're hiding. Call your local stationary shop, printer, or even WalMart. Go on-line if you prefer. Design your very own custom rubber stamp, show lines for the load data, design your logo, etc., and pay $50.00 to $75.00 for a stamp. New ink pad once in a while, bottle of ink now and then, it'll last you a lifetime.

While you're talking to a local printer or stationer, ask them about those pre-printed boxes you want. They will be happy to either make them up for you, print 'wraps' to label blank boxes, etc. if these services aren't offered in-house, they have the resources to get it done for you.

Or, you can buy the blank boxes & stickers, write in your own data, and still impress others while having that neat & professional look.

Renomedia

If you have a laser printer, you can print them on regular paper and the use some 3m 77 spray glue and wrap them around your plain white boxes. I've been doing it for years on custom reloads

zippy13

I use use peel-n-stick (aka sticky-back) sheets from my printer. I get several labels per letter-size sheet. I've used laser and ink-jet printers successfully.

ronz

You could also get label paper it’s glued on one side print and cut to whatever size you want
Should have it at any office supply store
I have even bought reloads that were labeled with them

medalguy

If you're looking for boxes for 9mm or .45 ACP or .38 Special, I can help. I had boxes made some time ago for my own use, and I still have some overruns. These are 50 round boxes, and are made exactly like the .45 military cartons, where the ends tuck in and the flaps fold over the top 3 rows of ammo. The top flap tucks in the front. The 9mm boxes are made the same way except smaller than the .45 cartons. The boxes for .38 Special are like the Air Force cartons, with a tray that folds up and slides into a carton and both end flaps tuck into the carton. All these cartons are reusable many times, and there are no styrofoam trays to blow away or break apart.

I also have a few .223 cartons for 20 rounds, and some 7.62 cartons. These are glued on the sides and do not require any dividers inside. The top and bottom flaps fold into the carton.

Prices for the .45 and 9mm cartons are .30 each, and the .38 cartons (2 pieces, tray and carton) are .35 each. The .223 and 7.62 cartons are .35 each.

The big advantage of these cartons is that you can get 1,000 rounds of .45 in a standard .50 cal can, and 1200 rounds of 9mm in a .50 can. The .38 will fit 1000 rounds in a .50 can also. The 7.62 cartons pack 460 per .50 can, and the .223 pack 840 per can. You can easily create a label for these yourself using gummed paper and a printer.

I'm not in the business of selling cartons, and when these extras are gone, I won't have any more. I can't post a picture of these boxes, the file size is too large for the forum, but if anyone is interested in them, pm me and I can email you images of any of them.