Custom Boondock Saints Guns?

scorpion_tyr

Since the sequel to The Boondock Saints will be coming out next month, I've been wanting to do a little project. I want to get a pair of Beretta 92FS's and either have them engraved or laser etched with a Boondock Saints theme.

Thought I would run this idea by you guys and ask a few questions:

Would it be better to have them engraved or laser etched? I'm interested in the laser etching because I can get that done for free.

Can I legally get some kind of barrel extension that looks like a suppressor that can come on and off easily and will not disrupt the funtion of the firearm? It would be nice to throw those on the set and have them customized as well. I could go for the real deal, but that would take time and money I don't have.

Has anyone seen any guns customized with a Boondock Saints theme? If you have pictures I'd love to see them to help figure out how I want it done.

And overall would this be a good idea? I'm planning on keeping them for myself, but if I ever decide to sell them I'm just wondering if someone would pay money for something like this.

RsqVet

In general quality engraving will enhance the resale value of a gun, though not always by as much as such truly professonal work costs. In general the more "classic" a gun is the easier it will be to sell an engraved example --- think any Colt, classic Smith, or small walthers as good examples.

The Beretta would not be on my list to engrave, also as the frame is alloy you have less options for the frame of the gun. I.e. you can not engrave the frame so it will look "unbalanced"

I personally don't think that laser etching adds anything to a firearms value, in fact it almost always detracts from it. Many places and makers have offered this, only to find few if any takers even with more traditional themes featuring hunting or armed services. So I would not see that as adding much to the value in common commerce, of course if you found another fan such as yourself then that might change but if and when you sell YOU would have to find that person, not just sell the guns easily online or in trade a a shop.

Also as others may mention as well, if you carry or use said guns for self defense having them decorated in a theme from a movie about "street justice" could prove to be an exceedingly BAD idea should you ever use said gun in self defense, not matter how justified. Such things can be the kernel that builds into a major issue and is used by lawyers to paint you not as an armed citizen having to take a final and last option but rather as a bloodthirsty nut.

How much of an issue is subject to debate but I sure would not risk it.

It is of course totally legal to have a "mock" sound suppressor, however you will have to fit both guns with a threaded barrel (not cheap) if you want it to attach it to the gun.

In addition I would make darn sure that the design of any such "mock" devise can in no way, shape or form be considered an attempt to make an unregistered copy of the real thing. In other words I would buy one pre-made, from someone who knows the ins and outs of the law. If it has removable end caps and or a void space in it it can and will be considered an attempt at an unregistered device by the ATF, same deal ad making / having an unregistered machine gun --- i.e. Jail time and wreck you life.

So all things considered, and since you mention money is an issue, if I were you I'd just try and find some ammo to enjoy your guns as they are now.

THEZACHARIAS

The laser etching will be easier, and therefore cheaper. Engraving can get to be very expensive for quality work, whereas laser-engraving machines are relatively prevelant, not to mention much more idiot-resistant (not idiot proof; the inginuity of idiots continues to amaze me).

As for the suppressors, hmmmm... Find a brand of barrel you like, and contact the manufacturer about getting a set of threaded barrels, and see if they will make you a set of non-ported suppressor-esque barrel extensions that will fit the threaded barrels. Make sure that it only appears to be a suppressor, and has none of the internal mechanisms that would make it so. Itll make the final product very front heavy, but something tells me that these arent destined to be regular range guns...

Last edited:

scorpion_tyr

Thanks for the responses so far. No these will not be regular range guns, nor will they be the primary weapons for self/home defense. They will probably be put on display somewhere in my bedroom, just for me to look at. I will take them to the range every now and then so they need to still be shooters.

I know there is limited room on the 92FS for engraving/etching. I would like to have "VERITAS" and "AEQUITAS" along the slide or barrel somewhere. Anyone have any other ideas?

THEZACHARIAS

Not sure if its viable, but stinger paintball designs makes boondock saints paintball gun grips, as well as custom 1911 grips for around $30-40, so you might be able to talk them into making 92fs grips. Not 2000% sure on that though.

The concept of how they make them is not terribly complicated, and the product comes out looking nice. I have them on a couple of my paint guns, (never tried their 1911 grips), and they are certainly eye catching.

EDIT: http://www.stingerpaintballdesigns.com/Paintball_Marker_Viper_Grips.htm is the website. Shoot them an email and they may be able to accomadate. The paintball industry is constantly evolving new kinds of grip frames, and stinger managed to keep up, so a simple beretta grip oughta be simple to duplicate.

Last edited:

scorpion_tyr

TTIWWOP = This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

I had to Google it myself, and I have to agree. Thanks to THEZACHARIAS I found a design I want for my grips. I've contacted the company to see if they can do it.

attachment.php

And if possible I'd like to get two different 92's with different finishes so I can swap out the barrels and slide like the Desert Eagles were in the first movie. Giving me one like this, and another completely opposite (just pretend it's a Beretta)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Aequitas%20and%20Veritas%201%20Grey%20Custom%20SPD%20Paintball%20Marker%20Grips.jpg
    Aequitas%20and%20Veritas%201%20Grey%20Custom%20SPD%20Paintball%20Marker%20Grips.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2,420

w_houle

scorpion_tyr I know more than a few people In my area by the last name of Taplin that go buy the shortened name of Tap that would LOVE that gun!

seeker_two

Also as others may mention as well, if you carry or use said guns for self defense having them decorated in a theme from a movie about "street justice" could prove to be an exceedingly BAD idea should you ever use said gun in self defense, not matter how justified. Such things can be the kernel that builds into a major issue and is used by lawyers to paint you not as an armed citizen having to take a final and last option but rather as a bloodthirsty nut.

Agreed....maybe you should just get some grips with the Care Bears on them instead.....

:D

j/k....it's a good point, nevertheless.....

jlwatts3

scorpion_tyr I know more than a few people In my area by the last name of Taplin that go buy the shortened name of Tap that would LOVE that gun!

I think the TAP stands for Taurus Auto Pistol, and is therefore the start of most of their semi-auto serial numbers. Just a guess but your friends may want to look into it.