Current carry - Walther ppk/s - what next?

aikidoka - mks

My first handgun - because the price was good. Now that i can carry concealed I'm thinking about what I would upgrade to in the future. I would like to keep very close to the dimensions of the Walther ppk/s.

Keltec p-11 - Best price I think and higher capacity
Khar pm9 - I would say high quality but that has come into
question lately. Edges out the keltec in size slightly.
Rohrbaugh - Smallest? and all metal.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Eric Larsen

You want a small 9mm given your choices....All of them have great reps..(the Rohrbaugh SHOULD be a stellar little carry :D ) and all have different sizes yet are very small, weights and prices, from 200$ to 750$..quite a price range.
Anyway you go would be excellent. To me the biggest factor among these 3 are price. How much do you want to spend?
Shoot well

Blackhawk

All three handle +P ammo.

A P-11 holds 10+1 rounds, and while it's cheaper, it can be smithed as a DIY project into a very sweet pistol with a marvelous trigger.

I'm leery of the Kahr PM-9 for the reasons you mentioned, and Kahr may be a victim of rapid overexpansion causing its quality and service to suffer.

The Rohrbaugh won't be available until October, but it's smaller than either the PM-9 or P-11 (it's about the size of the TINY P-32 with a kick like a PPK .380). It's going to be in the $700 range, but in Aluminum and Stainless, it's likely to be a treasured heirloom.

All three guns have lifetime guarantees.

Since I've already got a P-32 BUG to go with my P-11, my next one's going to be a Rohrbaugh. The idea of an "undetectable to huggers" 9mm CCW is just too sweet to believe, and I get hugged a lot...! :D

slh02

How about sticking with the Walther line and giving the p99 a look. I know its a little on the large side, but man, it sure is a looker! :)

aikidoka - mks

Well I was leaning toward the keltec due to price and capacity but the Rohrbaugh would be tempting. It may come down to the keltec because of the price edge it has with the Rohrbaugh being a nice to have future buy. I havent been able to find anything else in the size range or 9mm or better caliber but if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Mark

Save up and get a HK USP Compact 9mm or better yet a 45 cal. I carry the 45 cal version and it is probably the best CCW weapon I have found. I also started out with a Walther PPKS, but after getting the web of my hand sliced and diced by the PPKS, I went to the HK Compact 45. It is accurate and probably one of the most reliable designs out there. The 9mm is cheaper to shoot, but there is no argument against the 45 stopping power.