Douglas in CT

THIS WEEK on Thursday.
Send those emails today! :)

Subject:
RECIPROCITY WITH OTHER STATES Bill
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 06:56:32 -0500
"Robert Crook" <ccsct@erols.com>

NOW is the time to contact Public Safety Committee members to SUPORT this bill!!
Make it to the Public hearing if you can. [e-mail list below]

PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
Public hearing on Thursday, February 28, 2002 following a 10:30 A.M. committee
meeting in Room 1B of the LOB. Sign-up
will begin at 10:00 A.M. outside of Room 1B of the LOB. Please submit 40 copies
of written testimony. The first hour of the
hearing is reserved for legislators and state agency officials. Speakers will
be limited to three minutes of testimony.
Raised Bill No. 366

February Session, 2002

LCO No. 1542

Referred to Committee on Public Safety

AN ACT CONCERNING RECIPROCITY WITH OTHER STATES CONCERNING PERMITS TO CARRY
PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS.

Statement of Purpose:

To honor permits to carry pistols or revolvers issued by other states if their
standards are as stringent as those of Connecticut.

Public Safety Committee:

Penn@senatedems.state.ct.us, Stephen.Dargan@po.state.ct.us, Hartley@senatedems.state.ct.us,
Linda.Orange@po.state.ct.us, Anthony.Guglielmo@po.state.ct.us, John.Stone@housegop.state.ct.us,
Jeffrey.Berger@po.state.ct.us, Betty.Boukus@po.state.ct.us, Michael.Caron@housegop.state.ct.us,
Annette.Carter@po.state.ct.us, Raymond.Collins@housegop.state.ct.us, Lou.Esposito@po.state.ct.us,
Richard.Ferrari@housegop.state.ct.us, Minnie.Gonzalez@po.state.ct.us, Leonard.Greene@housegop.state.ct.us,
Marie.Lopez.Kirkley-Bey@po.state.ct.us, Mary.McGrattan@po.state.ct.us, Steve.Mikutel@po.state.ct.us,
Jim.ORourke@po.state.ct.us, Peter.Panaroni@po.state.ct.us, Ronald.SanAngelo@housegop.state.ct.us,
Anthony.Tercyak@housegop.state.ct.us

Swamp Yankee

Douglas

Thanks for your post. E-mails sent. Will follow up with a phone call to Rep's and Senator's offices tomorrow.
Take Care

Smiley

E-mails sent....

I would really like reciprocity with the states around us in CT especailly New York, RI, and Mass. I like to go camping but if I travel through Mass with any firearm at all wihtout first getting a travel permit I can be arrested for simply traveling. I mean I can drive for less than an hour in any direction and by crossing an imaginary line i can go from law-abiding citizen to a felon. Just by crossing that imaginary line does not mean that I have somehow lost my ability to properly conduct myself with a firearm.

But then again this just bring up my beleif that we need a national CCW.