CSSpecs VEPR .308 Magazines

JohnKSa

Administrator
I had a chance to test a couple of these earlier this month. I had one of their 20 round mags and one 10 round mag that were bought some time ago. I didn't do any torture testing, but they did function properly during the relatively limited amount of shooting I did with them.

The VEPR is basically an AK rifle, so of course the bolt won't lock open with any mags, these included.

They are a little trickier to lock into the mag well than the plastic factory VEPR mags. It felt like the CSSpecs mags fit a little tighter in the mag well and that might have been what made it a little bit more fiddly to get these locked in properly.

I'm going to purchase another couple of them now that I've had a good experience with the two I already have. If you're having trouble finding factory mags for your .308 VEPR, CSSpecs provides a viable alternative.

Fox84

Wish they would come out with some steel 7.62X54 Vepr mags. I'am not a fan of my plastic 10 rounders.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I don't know of anyone making VEPR mags in 7.26x54R. What kind of problems are you having with the factory mags? I've had very good luck with the VEPR factory mags in .308, but they are hard to find and aren't available in capacities over 10 rounds.